[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Palmer Divide Raceway - MAJOR Update 3/24/13!

Palmer Divide Raceway - MAJOR Update 3/24/13!

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Palmer Divide Raceway - MAJOR Update 3/24/13!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Whew! I'm whipped. I've been wanting to close off the scenery on the back stretch of the PDR since I re-routed the pit and start/finish area. While there is no turf down, I managed to get the screen, Sculptamold, paint, and some scenic touches completed. I'm super stoked about the two following areas: the Pit Lane, and the Footbridge.

An overall shot - notice the back stretch has a fence, that shall we say, needs some work...

The new pit stalls at the PDR:

It broke!

The new footbridge:

Lots more to do, just a quick update of where I'm at.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Palmer Divide Raceway Update!

Postby ElSecundo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:26 am

Wow, fantastic! You've been busy. :)

Cool backdrop, too. How did you do that? It looks to have some texture to it.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby dreinecke » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:48 pm

El Kabong - Thanks! The backdrop is painted on the wall over knock-down texture.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:02 am

NICE TRACK THANKS FOR SHARING
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:27 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby dreinecke » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:18 am

Kurt - I don't think it would stick. However, just painting the concrete and doing an easy background like this works fine.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Fred Fries » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Looking good, I really need to head west one of these days, are you still running AC ?

Fred
Fred Fries

Postby dreinecke » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Fred - Thanks! I'm still out in Colorado - Come on out! I'm still a happy AC driver too!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby reel55 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:40 am

David
Sort of reminds me of Riverside in California
Looks fun to run on
Verne
reel55

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Dr. Dave,
that sure is cool. nice work and i sure love the theme. i used to follow the trans am around these parts in its heyday when i was in college.
one thing you're missing, tho, scenery-wise, if you were there, since you have broken cars sitting around: "Deck-'em George" (Follmer) landing another haymaker on Pete "Reprehensible" Revson in the pits after the race!
or Swede exploding his 'Cuda's diff again coming off the last corner at Bridgehampton (in particular, 'cause that one happened right in front of me and i had to jump back).
a truly great layout you have there. wish that i could ever do as well. just a little local color if you care.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Scatman1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:17 pm

Man, I love everything you have done with the track. I even ran a few laps in my head. Yes, I was fast. :-)
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby youngster » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:35 pm

THAT Looks GRRRRREAT ; Youv'e put alot of work into that.
and that Fleet of Cars too. Great work.

YOUNGSTER
youngster

Postby Reslotted » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Looking Really good Dave, I really like a bit of scenery around a slotcar track.
I reckon you have a touch of Railroad modelling in your Genes somewhere.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:40 am

Thanks gents for the nice comments - wait until I actually get turf down! That should make it pop.

As for the Model RR...I'm really a closed MRR guy that likes to go faster!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Fred Fries » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:22 am

what controllers work on AC, or do they need to be modded to work with it ??
Fred Fries

Next

Return to Reader's Roads