New Guy...

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: New Guy...

Postby JimD » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 pm

You guys don't miss a thing!

One of the guys happened to stop by this afternoon and we ran several "test" races with a jam car and the two of us to try out the displays and counting and fuel and mechanical configuration settings of the software. Seems to work well, can't wait to get more of the group back for an actual race using Bruce's software! We were having fun with the system and I think the rest of the group is going to like it.

Jim
JimD

New Position Tower!

Postby JimD » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:09 pm

I finally got started on the rebuild of my dual position tower today! It is about 9" high and 2" square. there is a second display on the opposite side.

I am going to add a back light to a top cap and put some sort of ad banner up top. And on the bottom I am going to make a small pedestal to raise the entire thing about an inch from where it sits now. I think I will try to print the lettering white on black background instead of the black test font in the photo.

Jim
JimD

Postby dreinecke » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Love the way the tower is shaping up!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

New Position Tower

Postby JimD » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:21 pm

I finally got a coat of paint and new lettering put on the position tower! I pull a set of wires off the circuit board up to the top, in case I get the gumption to back light and or make the top rotate.

Jim
JimD

Postby buspor63 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Agreed, I really need to stress the importance of a family reunion in Iowa.... with an overnighter in Memphis of course... and then another stop in Mo. .........
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Reader's Roads