[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Guy...

New Guy...

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: New Guy...

Postby JimD » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Ya, my last track I did red and white and I like that better. I had some yellow and black so I decided to try it. It is easier to get coverage, and you don't have any off white problems but I think I am going to go back to red and white...
JimD

Postby dge467 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:25 pm

Welcome and nice track!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby DHansen » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks for the invite. We did have 2 commercail 1/24 scale race ways up here and another in Boone that I spent time at, but all are gone now. I havent seen or heard of any 1/32 scale clubs up around here, there are some RC guys around though. So once or twice a month I take a Sunday off and disapeir for the day and go racing with my buddies down south. Been doing this for 7 or 8 years now. We usaly have 12 to15 or so racers at each meet and race several types of cars from vintage 50's/60's sports cars to modified sports prototype/Lemans/ALMS P1-P2, IMSA GTP, and everything inbetween. We don't have entry fees or payout winnings, but do keep track of points for the 8 month season just for bragging rights. Both clubs are listed in Model Car Racing magazine. The ERASR club has been an ongoing club sence the early 1960's. The IMAR club has been around for I think 5 years now. We share 4 differant track layouts racing at a differant track each month. I usaly finnish around the middle of the pack and every once in a while I'll win a race or two. Our next race meet is a dual club all day afair on the 17th with one club racing 10 classes of cars and the other racing 9 classes of cars on a wood track. About 6 or 7 hours of racing plus a 4 hour drive there and another 4 hour drive home. That's all of the fun I can handle for a while.
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JimD » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:03 pm

Ya, you do like your driving don't you?!!
JimD

Postby sixtiesracer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Glad to have you aboard!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby JimD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:59 pm

One more pic I had on my phone...

JimD

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 pm

That track is a BEAST! When can we come out and play? :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:50 pm

6 hours is nothing for me :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:01 pm

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby JimD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:06 pm

That is "Driver in a Can" or bottle in this case. You can't believe how much faster we get once we start drink'n! ;)
JimD

Pictures of new race displays and pit area

Postby JimD » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 am

I got the new race displays hung up over the track. There are two back-to-back so the guys in the back corners can see them. I was pleased with the install so I had to post a pic. Also a pic of the pit area. I have a dedicated BB and test track for burn outs. The peg board and display shelf were recent additions.

I think I may have moved into "permanent slot car room" status! :lol:

Jim
JimD

Postby cagee13 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:16 am

Love the track. How do have the lane changers in the wood? I would really prefer a wood digital track over the plastic so very interested in some pics if you can get them.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:04 am

Welcome to HRW. Take your shoes off and stay awhile. I've been following your track progress at SCI and really enjoy your posts.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Lane changers in mdf

Postby JimD » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:27 am

Here are some pictures of the build. A shot of the banked corner, top and bottom shot of the pit lane entrance changer, and a picture of the three manual lane selectors used to select oval or road course. The flippers work great and it is really quick and easy to switch between road course or oval. It does create a bit of extra wiring work.

Always happy to help if I can! I always feel like I take away MORE from the group than I give back! Wen it comes to car building, tuning and even track building i am no seasoned expert by any stretch! :clap:

Jim
JimD

Postby buspor63 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:46 pm

A hammer? Oh, that must be for workin' on the Chevys ;-)
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads