[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Sunset Ridge Speedway ( Pic Heavy)

Sunset Ridge Speedway ( Pic Heavy)

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Sunset Ridge Speedway ( Pic Heavy)

Postby Tycosaur » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Here is my current track, Sunset Ridge Speedway. I started this build in the fall of 2010, It's a four lane routed track using Pyramid power with IR sensors and Ultimate Racer timing for now. The routing was done with the help of my oldest son and the rest by myself. I took some time away this summer and fall as other projects came up that left me with no time for my toys. I am happy to be back and have also redone my driver hookups from the 3mm plugs to the more reliable alligator clip connections. I have also created a lighted race, caution and race stop system for looks only.

Here are a few pic's of the track.
There are 14 of these lights throughout the layout and all 3 color lights are in each unit.
Each light is turned on and off with a toggle switch from the main driver station.
I had an old car stereo in the garage so I installed it at the main driver station.
Here is a short video of the light system.
Last edited by Tycosaur on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tycosaur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Sunset Ridge Speedway ( Pic Heavy)

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Great work all the way around.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dge467 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Fantastic layout! I like the lights, they are neat!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby scatman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Wow. Now that is nice track.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Tyco - I missed you! That has always been one of my favorite tracks since you finished it. Awesome to see you on the new HRW!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Great looking track, nice job!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 am

Beautifully planned and executed.

I particularly like the squeeze under the bridge - bet the action there looks exciting when you have four really keen racers.

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dclovell » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Great track. Looks like alot of fun.
dclovell

Postby JESIV » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:16 am

Awesome track, very well done!

I would like to know more about that pit garage/building thingy (that's what it's called right?? :P ). I presume it's a scratch build?
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smoke » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Hey tycosaur. The bombers have been asking about you. Track looks great. Hope to hear from u soon.
Smoke

Postby RazorJon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:33 pm

nice layout, I love the car stereo idea
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby ourwayband » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:36 pm

A great layout with some great detail!!! I too like the car stereo idea!
I've got to ask,How is your Drag strip working?Your idea of using fishing line with copper tape looks to be just what I've been looking for.Did you glue the line onto the surface of the MDF?
Thanks for your time

rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tycosaur » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Tycosaur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby deslot » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:38 pm

One fine race track you have, and a nice job on the pit buildings. Really liked the vid on your lights, was thinking of something like that for my track. If i may ask where did you pick up the 3 colored lights. Again nice job. Tim
deslot

Postby Tycosaur » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:53 am

Tycosaur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Reader's Roads