[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - At long last, GMS is open for business

At long last, GMS is open for business

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

At long last, GMS is open for business

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:00 pm

After much work (and slacking) I have completed what I'm calling GMS or Galena Motor Speedway.

6x16 table with 55 feet of Carrera Evolution track, Race Coordinator software and hopefully soon as I get the ardunio hooked up, Fuel racing!

The first hauler and camper are already on-site!

a 'panoramic' view of the track

Down the road I hope to add a component to the make it a full oval as well.
Basically clip out the infield part and a few R3/R4 sections and I'm in.

We will be hosting a round of the inaugural 1/24 T/A proxy in November, should be a fun event.

I've added the layout map so you can get a better feel of the design.

Part List for Track GMS
=======================

Distance between start and end:49 mm

Part List:
Exclusiv/Evolution Standard Straight 23
Exclusiv/Evolution 1/3 Straight 3
Exclusiv/Evolution Curve 1/30° 1
Exclusiv/Evolution Curve 1/60° 6
Exclusiv/Evolution Curve 2/30° 6
Exclusiv/Evolution Curve 3/30° 9
Exclusiv/Evolution Curve 4/15° 8
Last edited by Z-carfan on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: At long last, GMS is open for business

Postby bobbyraz49 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:37 pm

NICE !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Oh yeah, it's on now :) Now remember...ignore the slow speed of my heaps please. Think of them as an 80's TVC "Jam Car".

Great job. Nice design in the space and I know it's fun to race on.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Looks great Mike. Glad to see it come together for you.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:02 pm

Looks nice, Mike. I like the layout and the flow.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Looking forward to helping host the 1/24 T/A cars on that Mike!
Looks great!!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby slothead » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:22 pm

Wait! Those are 2 different tracks right? The first photo is a sort of Roval, an outer oval with a road course inside. The second photo is more of an overall road course. I'm not in the proxy, but which track will you be running a race on? Or are you planning to use both tracks for 2 separate races?
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby vonsirius » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:14 pm

Cool track, Well done!
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Great looking layout!!!
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:12 pm

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 pm

Wow, it took several minutes of looking back and forth between photos to see how they could possibly be the same track. In the 2nd photo the back straightaway seems to bend along a curved wall. The distortion is quite interesting, and if I could harness it I might even be able to take some pictures of myself that make me look like I'm the same weight I was when I graduate high school.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby 32lbking » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:01 pm

If you could look through the panoramic lens while driving, it would be like driving on a different track. Lol
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Looks like a real fun track to run on Mike!!

Just enough skill with out a bunch of miss slots!!

Thumbs up on your design skill for this one.

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Thanks all for the kind comments. I’m really happy overall with how she’s running.
Tonight I’m adding a few tweaks for skids in the tight areas to prevent any offs.
Once I get that sorted I was asked for a track map as some others would like to make one similar.

I intend to do just that with all the track pieces used and a map. Work and the up coming 1/24 TA proxy may delay posting a track map but I hope to for those entering.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:56 am

Please see the 1st post in the thread I added the track map and the list of track needed.

Thanks again, it is a fun track and a little trickier that it looks with those R1's but a fun challenge.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Reader's Roads