[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Blue Ridge Parkway 2 lane routed

Blue Ridge Parkway 2 lane routed

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: Blue Ridge Parkway 2 lane routed

Postby dreinecke » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:45 am

Thanks for the update, it looks great!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby racer6583 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 am

Your back wall mountain scenery is looking good.
like how you made the rocks attached to the wall they are a nice touch with the scenery of your layout.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:27 pm

track is taped and wired up and running - (back straight is mostly done) I want to run it some before I do the foreground scenery as there may be some twisty bits that need modification. (Hope not) Least that is my excuse.

Last edited by Dangermouse on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eAddict » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Nice! That would be AWESOME for our Thunder Road series!
eAddict

Postby racer6583 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:42 am

Hay DM your blue ridge parkway is coming along nicely ,I think your tack will be awesome when you get all the scenery done.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:34 am

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:09 am

Outstanding! The track looks spectacular and the background really sets the stage! I'm really enjoying your build thus far - very nice work!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:37 am

That scene was inspired by this picture that I found of the BRP (not of me)

DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eAddict » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:29 am

How did you do the rocks?
eAddict

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Rocks are made from woodland scenic moulds and crumbled bits of plaster. For the scene about I assemble the rocks in a layered manner and then painted with a dark grey paint. I then did a black wash over this. I then mixed some blue and sienna and white and painted the higher points trying not to put a lot on work it in. I then use a lighter colour going to white for the highlights. This is applied with a dry brush. After doing all this I then took some dirt from my garden very fine and silty and using white glue I dusted it over the rocks. Using a large paint brush and a vacuum cleaner to move it around and remove the excess. A coat of hairspray was then applied to seal it all.

I will take some photos for a rock making/painting how to next time I do some.

The other thing is the chap watching is a driver from my 1/48 scale trains. Went for a smaller scale to create a bit of forced perspective.

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:30 pm

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:28 am

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby baford1 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:24 am

David track is looking good liking your sceanery so far, what is jointing compound & where can you purchase it from ?

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:37 am

Hi Richard

Thanks

CSR jointing compound - purchased from hardware store - used by plasterers between sheets of plaster I think.

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:36 am

Richard, you can buy it dry powder or premixed. I used the premixed stuff. Comes in various sized buckets and keeps well. I've just finished a big bucket that I purchased probably 18 months ago.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads