First Track on table.

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

First Track on table.

Postby Apec » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:22 am

I have to admit, I don’t like it. It has no flow and not a long enough straight. Will make some adjustment and try again. Also too busy. No need for 20M on this size table 10’L x 8W x 4 deep.
I am running Carrera GO
Apec

Re: First Track on table.

Postby Dodgefarmer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:04 am

IMHO that is a very unique innovative layout. With stock motored, tire trued, magnetic Go cars and brakes it looks like it would be a lot of fun. However with stock controllers, hotter motors and no mags or brakes I'll bet it is extremely frustrating. As you noted in your other post the addition of a R2 bank will help (more so with magnetic cars). One of the best reasons for starting with plastic track is the ability to easily change configurations until you find one that works for you. I'll see if I can get the GS to send me a pic that I can post of the track that I put together for him on a 4' by10' table.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Apec » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:52 am

That would be great Randy and your right it is a bit frustrating. Just not as fun. With the blue tuning motors from GOKarli it’s even worse because theirs nowhere to open it up. That 2/45 bank did help quite a bit and now with stock motor the back part near the 90 of the wall is flat. I feel like every track should have a high speed section AND one or two technical sections. I’m working on installing brakes with new controllers now.

Thanks
Apec

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:39 am

Good start. Nice thing with the set track is you can change it up until you are happy with it. It is all part of the fun.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Apec » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:46 am

First of many
Apec

Postby mattb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Try to set up something not so challenging and don't worry about using every piece of track you have. After you come up with something a little simpler, get somebody to race with awhile and see if a simpler design is more fun for actual racing.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Reader's Roads