[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Show your track! - 2017

Show your track! - 2017

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: Show your track! - 2017

Postby ourwayband » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Some great looking tracks!!
Here at the possum we have had several tracks over the years.Started out with Tyco,then Scalextric,Carrera,routed ,digital and so on..Now we are in the plastic mode again.Play with it a while,then box it up if you want,then take her back out and play with it again..All good fun.
Now have the Strombecker monster truck -off road track and the Carrera which we can run 1/43 to 1/24 on..
And yes I still run my Hot Wheels super charger from 68..Never grew up.. ;)
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MikeyAutobahn » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Wow! Some great tracks on here.

I just finally got off the rug not long ago. Built a table, and going to add more track until I'm satisfied. Here's a shot of half of it. There's a mirror of that on the other side. Carrera. 19'x4' (6' on the ends).

MikeyAutobahn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Show your track! - 2017 - Overlook Raceway Park

Postby dwdirks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Here are a couple of photos of my basement analog track: 62 feet of Scalextric classic, SCX classic and Scalextric sport track on a 4.5 x 16.5 foot table.

I've been working on this track since 2004 and still can see that there is lots of work to do. I am currently working on lighting for some parts of the track and buildings.

Thanks to all the members of this forum for posting photos of your slot projects and tracks, lots of great ideas that lead to inspiration for more projects on my own track.
dwdirks

Postby frank9129 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:43 pm

frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Since photobucket is gone for me , what are my choices for uploading ? TY
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Gameover’s Garage Speedway

4 lane carrera oval. Outside shoulders. Two variable professor motor power supplies. Each run two lanes. Two drivers stations on each side.

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby mattb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:35 am

To follow up with this, here are more tracks I''ve had over the years. This was my second routed track back in 1985.
It was a fun fast track and it is still in operation today with the mostly the same copper tape on it. Most of the tape has been down 30 years. It was particle board and plywood on the raised parts. I undercut the plywood with slots every half inch, then routed the other side and bent it to shape. ROUTED TRACK 1986.jpg

I sold the routed track to set up some 1/24 Marx/Sears 1/24 track. This is a great track the same sizes as Carrera. Curves are flat and banked, but only banked moderately, not the useless banks like Carrera. The Marx lasted from the late 80's till sometime in the 90's.
I then lucked into the Etoys Carrera sell out. Mark track and shelves.jpg

One Saturday Etoys discounted all their Carrera sets to clear them out and quit selling slots. They had basic figure 8 sets for $39 with the BMW and Audi, I think, or with 2 F1 cars. FREE SHIPPING! I put together all the $ I could find and bought 8 sets. I sold the cars, about half the track and controllers, all my Marx track and was money ahead, then ordered more Carrera track in #2 and 3 curves and aprons. I set it up different layouts over the years,
2003.jpg
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:47 am

This was a further evolution of the Carrera when I decided that I wanted Monogram track set up to run the old Monogram Hot Shot Midgets.
MONOGRAM MIDGET RACER TRACK.jpg

Downsized all of it and came up with this, which was on a rolling table 14 X 4. About that time a move was in the works so it all came down and back in boxes.
p1010012 2.jpg

This was the first Carrera set up at the new location. Under the slot table is a pull out that is 12 X 3 and was 2 loops of Lionel O guage track and some accessories.
P1010004 (2).JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:04 am

Here is a Monogram setup I tried at the new house, it has aprons all around and uses the 21" outside curves. You could run 1/24, but it was really too tight and it didn't allow the speed my cars were capable of.
P1010018.jpg

This was the previous setup where my current track is. I set it up and tried it, but one of the guys came and raced with me and we decided it was lacking, so I went back to my extended figure 8 like I have now. It has almost always been the most enjoyable track design I have set up along with the folded figure 8 like my earlier Marx and Carrera track.
P1010009.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:12 am

No pictures in this, but I wanted to express to all you guys the great spirit behind all these tracks. Whether it is a kind of bare, commercial looking setup just for all out racing or a landscaped model RR type layout, all these tracks look great and show the real definition of "hobby". Hours of enjoyment in building, playing or detailing them. Most people never understand or get the enjoyment that we know from such a great hobby.

Kids that get a basic set at Christmas and the parents that set them up miss out on the quality of a tuned car and track and the enjoyment of a really good working setup. As most of my pictures show, I usually like a track that is fairly high speed and easy to drive. Most of my slot buddies are not great drivers and find the enjoyment is a lot greater when they can run laps without de-slotting every couple minutes.

This is a great thread and maybe one or two guys will follow it and get inspired. We do offer planty of advice on this forum to help anybody with questions.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am

In the spirit of posting tracks of the past.........My entry dates to 1971, located at U.S. Naval Station, Guam.
The base slot car track had been shut down & I located the Chief in charge of Special Services.
I scored a couple of cases of Mabuchi 16D's, (I still have some) a bunch of guides, threaded axles, gears, wheels & some old rubber tires.
I found some on/off type controllers & built a track in a spare room of base housing where I lived at the time.
I used drywall wall board, lead window burglar alarm tape, an old Strombecker 12V transformer & flour/water newspaper scenery.
I set it up on empty cardboard boxes. (looks like I've always been a fan of the "high banks") :D
I was building vintage modifieds before they were vintage. Maybe you can tell from the billboard on the hill,
the base magazine store carried "Stock Car Racing magazine".
I used stripped copper wire & various other stuff liberated from the electronics shop where I worked for chassis.
Bodies came from 1/25 model kits at the PX.
If you wanna' play slots cars, you can play slot cars anywhere!.... :lol:

Last edited by strangebrew on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:06 pm

that's great!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:53 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Pappy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Strangebrew, I love it! :text-bravo:

What a fantastic story, it's amazing what a guy will do when he gets the slot car bug. :banana-dance:

I'm such a computer idiot I can't post pictures of my track. The best I can do is post a link to it where someone else posted the pictures.

http://slotblog.net/topic/43051-butchs- ... h-scenery/
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads