Hudson Valley Raceway, Hyde Park, New York

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Hudson Valley Raceway, Hyde Park, New York

Postby moltenmetal1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Finally got to visit our local slot car track with the kids.. Very nice place.. everyone there was very friendly, went there on a friday night found out it was kids race night... Jim, the owner was very nice and we ended up staying there for a couple hours, my daughter ended up racing.. they do have some rental cars to play with.. they have a very large selection of parts, and cars, and also R/C car parts and accessories too.. they do repairs as well! the track is a "Keystone" King track is a high speed banked race track and they also have a track for the smaller HO scale slot cars. Definetly worth a visit..

Hudson Valley Raceway
Haviland Shopping Center
870 Violet Ave. (9G)
Hyde Park NY. 12538
New York
Phone: (845) 838-5333

http://www.HVRaceway.net
jim@hvraceway.net
moltenmetal1

Re: Hudson Valley Raceway, Hyde Park, New York

Postby BIG E » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:38 pm

I've been to HVR a few times, usually after a model club show I work as a vendor in Poughkeepsie. I raced hard body cars and Flexi-Kars on that track when it was in it's original location in Pennsylvania, "Keystone Raceway". They also had a huge 8 lane 1/24 Hi-Banked Tri-Oval there that was LOTS of fun! Unfortunately that raceway is no longer operating in PA (wonder where that Tri-Oval went?). I like the construction of that particular "King" track, because it's more true to the original American Raceways design, not all swoopy with everything banked and the curve radius of the corners widened to accommodate the present day wing car crowd. I believe it was built by a professional carpenter, not a regular track builder. I was not able to visit Jim last year, and I'm very curious to see the HO track and it's construction, I can't really see much other than the circuit design from the photo. Think I need to plan a road trip with a few of my HO racing buddies!

Thanks for the post, and... Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Reader's Roads