DeBary Glen status

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

DeBary Glen status

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:53 am

My raceway has undergone some surface repairs and a complete replacement of it's copper tape to get it ready for racing again. I am tentatively scheduling an event for Saturday, April 30 at 7:00PM. We will pick up where we left off racing Carrera classic NASCARS and also an IROC race using the Scaley sport lightning GT cars. Based on how well this event goes I hope to be able to schedule an event at least once a month.

The track was fun before but there was always a chance that one lane or another would suffer some sort of failure. The new copper tape has fewer places where a splice was necessary and the fresh adhesive on the back is firmly stuck to the mdf. Lap times should get better once the track gets rubbered in.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: DeBary Glen status

Postby Almafan 55 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Good to hear you made improvements. I had fun running that track when I visited. Good luck to your race program. Those IROC car were perfectly tuned for that track.
Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:28 am

Due to a scheduling conflict on April 30th with the GRRR group I am rescheduling the race at DeBary Glen to the following Saturday, May 7th at 7:00 PM.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:17 pm

Bob - glad to hear you got the track all sorted!!! I'm going to be down in June and am attempting to see if I can wedge some time in to come play!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:49 am

David, I'll be looking forward to your visit.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Reader's Roads