Trackmate question?

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Trackmate question?

Postby Broman62 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:45 am

I'm ready to purchase a Trackmate timing system (without light bridge)and before I do I'd like to make sure of a few things before I purchase it! I've read Harry's newest 2014 write up and went on Trackmate site to check everything out. I'm basically buying exactly what Harry got but I'm only running 3 lanes!!

1) Even though my oval is only 3 lanes, would it be advisable to purchase the parts for a 4 lane system (possibly for future) and will it still work without using the 4th LED lane setup??

2) I'm under the assumption I will need to get a laptop with a CD-ROM drive built into it??

Thanks and Any help/answers are much appreciated!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Trackmate question?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:42 am

#1 yes, just get the 4 lane.

This is a 4 lane system on the Midmo.

You see that smaller diameter tube back there next to the base? That is where the 4th lane sensor is mounted. Just to have them connected. You can then setup TM for only 3 lanes.

#2 You don't need a CD ROM. You can just download the program from the link he gives you or I can send you a link.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Broman62 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Super....thanks Harry for the info!! Order is going out tonight!!!!! Sure, when you get some free time you could send that program to me...thanks!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:29 pm

Your welcome. Check your PM, sent you a link.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RichD » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:55 am

If you are getting the newer USB version of the Trackmate hardware you just can't download and install the software. The downloaded software does not include the driver that you will need for your computer to see the hardware. As far as I know only the CD-ROM that comes with Trackmate includes the driver. If you have another computer with a CD-ROM drive you can copy the entire contents of the CD-ROM to a thumb drive and install Trackmate from that.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:57 am

I have the driver as well. The link I have has it included.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Broman62 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Just looking for opinion/s or suggestions:

So I ordered my Trackmate timing systems for my 3 lane routed oval (without bridge) and 2 lane Carrera plastic track (with bridge) on March 16th from Trackmate and as soon as the order was placed I received a notice saying something was back ordered(didn't say what) and would cause a delay in shipping. I thought okay but wondered shouldn't these items be stocked in bins and you just go gather them up and ship them. Anyway, it is now April 3rd and I have not heard hide nor hair from them in the form of maybe a courtesy email or contact just to let me know the status of my order.

I know the system is praised around here and that is the reason I purchased the systems and I'm not upset YET about the delay but was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so what actions did you take or what reasons may be slowing the shipment???
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:50 am

Mine arrived in South Africa within 15 days from order !!!!!
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:38 am

Just give him a call. I found that is the best way.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RichD » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:23 am

I am curious to know what downloadable version of the Trackmate software includes the USB driver. None of the ones that I downloaded from the Trackmate Beta site seem to include it. Recently someone ordered just the USB interface board and that did not include any software. When he found that he needed the driver he ended up paying $30 for the disc and shipping, if I recall correctly. If you order a complete Trackmate system the disc is included.
I expect that things like the Trackmate interface board are ordered in batches from a supplier. If Trackmate gets an unusual number of orders the boards that are in stock might run out before the supplier can make more.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:40 am

Thanks guys for the quick responses!! You got a good point there Rich. I went ahead and contacted them thru their customer services last night and am waiting on a reply back from them.
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:17 am

I copied the file and have it saved in the directory for use.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Big Bill » Fri May 20, 2016 9:00 pm

I also an about to purchase a Track Mate system. I am just going to be running two lanes to begin with, and may have a routed 3 or 4 track built at a latter date. So the question is will the 4 lane unit work an two lanes for now?? Thanks for any info, I also found the TracK Mate thread on this site a few days ago. Thanks
Big Bill

Postby RichD » Sat May 21, 2016 5:58 am

The interface unit is actually good for 8 lanes. If you were going to stick with 2 lanes you would just order a 2 lane system, but you would have to order a system that includes a 4 lane sensor cable. If you are using IR sensors you could order a 2 lane light bridge or the parts to make your own. If you switched to 4 lanes you would need a new light bridge. When you set up the software you would input the lanes that you are using.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Big Bill » Sat May 21, 2016 10:21 pm

Thanks Rich, I will be using two lanes for a while expanding to 3 or 4 lanes at some point. The Commercial Track I race at and two of our club tracks use TrackMate, I really like the display system on them. Thanks again.
Big Bill

Return to Reader's Roads