[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - DeBary Glen is finally ready for racing

DeBary Glen is finally ready for racing

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

DeBary Glen is finally ready for racing

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:02 am

The LEDs arrived from TrakMate in Canada Thursday afternoon. I got them installed in my light gantry and then drilled the holes in the track using the gantry as a guide. With some difficulty I managed to push the sensors up from below. It took a little while to get the sensors in the correct holes but in less than an hour I had everything working fine. Marty and some of his friends plan to drop by Saturday evening and I hope we can get a club organised for regular racing.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: DeBary Glen is finally ready for racing

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:41 am

Good !. Just got the tracking number for my TrackMate,cant wait.
Enjoy your racing.
Richard.
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:16 pm

Saturday evening what is likely to be the core of any racing here at DeBary Glen, came by to get acquainted with the new layout and facility. They were Tony Przybylowicz and Grant Goerner who are members of the GRRR Florida Retro Racing organization. We had some fun with several varieties of slot cars and concluded that Carrera classic NASCARS and Carrera modern GT class cars will most likely be our initial racing classes. We also tentatively agreed that Saturday evenings will be race night, most likely one or two Saturdays per month. We now have to go out and recruit a few more drivers.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:29 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:19 am

Looks nice, Bob! Great that you were able to get this track re-built and set up so quickly. Enjoy the racing!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:12 pm

DANG !!! Now I want to visit Florida again !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Bob that looks simply fantastic!!! I hope I can get down there sometime either at the end of this or beginning of next year!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:00 am

Everyone here is welcome to come by my place when and if you are in the area. I found a better source for the copper tape at $8.00 a roll vs. the $25.00 I paid to patch the track when it was put back together. So, during the fall, Garold is going retape all four lanes eliminating most of the solder joints and possible break points. It is exactly the same brand and width tape that I got from PM.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:44 am

good looking track Bob
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:38 pm

So far it is looking like Saturday nights will bring in the most racers. Last night around 10:30 Garold and a friend I met at his track, Kurt, came by for some late night goofing off. Maybe I'll start a night owl racing group. Kurt took only about 15 minutes to get the rhythm of the track burned into his trigger finger memory and from that point on it was a three way free for all until about midnight when Garold got a call to go pick up his daughter. The lap counter was on and every time one of us set fastest lap there was a scramble by the other two to better the mark. Last night we were driving three of my Scaley modern GT cars which I had tuned on earlier in the day and they were within a tenth of a second of each other when I tested them. The trackmate system worked without any glitches. The next time we get together I will conduct a practice race to make sure I have things like time between heats, track calls and computer printouts sorted out properly. I think putting the track power, computer and lap timer on my laundry room circuit will prevent any power problems. My race room AC has popped a circuit breaker on occasion when it cycles on at the same time as my refrigerator but the laundry room is on a breaker by itself and since I don't have a significant other who might want to do a load of laundry during a race there should be no problem.

Things are starting to look promising.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Way to go Bob, glad your up and running and getting some good responces to form a club.
All the best
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Return to Reader's Roads