Carrera Digital Layout Help

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Carrera Digital Layout Help

Postby Valvarez » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:32 pm

Hey Folks,
I built a 4 x 16 table for my Carrera Digital 1:32 system. It's a lot of space, but it gets tight quickly given the width of the Carrera track. I tried all variety of non-elevation layouts. But the best I could manage were simple ovals or twisty layouts that were too challenging for my kids (7 and 5). I finally came up with the layout you see in the picture below. It races well, but it looks a little busy to me. I think I can remedy that with some scenery, guard rails and proper track support/bridges. I welcome any suggestions to flesh out this layout and make it more aesthetically pleasing. I want to cram as much track as possible into the 4 x 16 space, but I also want it to look natural, organic. Also, I haven't noticed any power drop despite the length. But I'm curious about adding power taps. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Valvarez

Re: Carrera Digital Layout Help

Postby buspor63 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:22 am

I think you've done a good job with the space you have. Enjoy what you have, especially with the kids and after awhile, a track design may come to you. On SCI, "That Guy" is always coming up with great layouts and usually provides the track pieces you need to complete it. R2/3/4 in 1/4 and 1/2 turns and straights really open up the possibilities .
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Reader's Roads