[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - DeBary Glen is being reborn

DeBary Glen is being reborn

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: DeBary Glen is being reborn

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:45 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:19 am

That's great Bob that you have your layout up and running again..
Looks like a lot of 4 lane racing in a space that doesn't take up too much room~

:clap:
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 am

WhooHooo! Congrats on her back up and running again! Looks like a FUN track to run on as well!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:34 pm

It was a fun course to drive before. Sort of like an airport race course. Now that Garold has added a bunch of elevation change it's a whole new experience. I can't think of a way to get more racing out of the space available.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:39 pm

It's great to see the track up and running again! It's great that you have elevation now, I think that's always a good addition. Lots of lap squeezed into that space.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:00 pm

Looks good, Bob!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantstopnow » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:29 pm

That is a great track you saved :clap:
. I really like the flow it has. Also the track guard dog is cool to
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:53 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:39 am

The track has really come out great Bob! I'm sure the benefits of being in your own home are huge and I'm sure the track is much easier to keep clean now.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:47 am

Love the low angle shot showing all four stations - it shows just how much elevation change the new instal has!
Nice!!!-
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:29 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Very nice !!
Next time I'm in Florida I am going to bring a car or three to run on this beauty !!
Perhaps I'd even bring you some Sahlen's ( Buffalo's best) hot dogs again.
You seem happy and that is what matters most !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Yesterday my nephew came by at 8:30AM to repair the ramp outside my house that gets me to floor level. His job was to fix the ramp while my job was to entertain and watch his 12 year old boy and his girl friend's 4 year old daughter. My job was easy. The boy had been to DeBary Glen before I moved it and he is a pretty good driver. The little girl, while less intensely interested, played for quite a while driving at her own pace. During the lunch break we all took turns driving and racing. My nephew had also brought along his stepson, 17, who raced with us until he was needed to work on the ramp. It was his first experience with slot cars but he wants to ome back when he doesn't have to work on something else.

Later the little girl picked up her mom's I-pad and at first I thought she was going to be playing games on it for the rest of the day. Not so, she had picked a song she liked and continued driving. Finally, around 5PM dad was finished and I had a new ramp. The boy had stayed all day at the track with a short break to take my dog for a walk. The little girl spent most of the afternoon with her mother.

After they left I assessed the damage and discovered that only a wing or two and a mirror were the only casualties. The track worked great all day. The car winning the prize as toughest was the Carrera Aston Martin GT3 which was driven mostly by the little girl.

What a great day.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Bob - that's the best slot car story of the week - hands down! Glad you got the ramp rebuilt and glad the kids got turned on to the cars!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads