[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - INSANE SPEEDWAY

INSANE SPEEDWAY

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: INSANE SPEEDWAY

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:25 pm

I'll run anytime, just holler.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DixonJohn » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:49 pm

Yep, Me too. Just shoot me a message
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby bobbyraz49 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:25 am

Excellent job !!
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:36 am

Thanks for the complement. It is turning out even better than I thought it would. I can't wait to get it finished. The plastic (expanded PVC) should be in this week or next and I will start working on the walls. That will give it that finished look and save on repairs to cars.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:46 pm

midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:42 am

I have to say, for cardboard that looks pro! Nice work making a solid temporary solution. Track is really looking great! It looks like The Professor is having a good time.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby midmoslts » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:47 am

For some reason the Professor stands out in a crowd. It's for good reason, man what a guy. His help and support along the way has been great. I could not have built the track without him. He has become a good friend in the short time that I have known him and introduced me to some other great people along the way as well.

As for the cardboard, thanks. It was killing me to put cardboard walls on the track as we have worked so hard to build it and do it right. If I would have chosen something different for the walls I would already have the material and they would be done, but I was willing to wait for the yellow 1/8" HPDE sheeting. The other hold up is that I opted to wait until J.C. Finley (that's the company I am getting it from) needed something from the same supplier so that my shipping cost would be less. I do business with them on a professional level so when I needed something for myself I knew who I could trust to get the product I wanted at a good price. In the end the cardboard will also be used for templates for cutting the plastic.

We had some of the neighbor kids over to run the Whisper Jets with my kids while Mom and I corner marshaled. I don't know who enjoyed it more me or them, but every one had fun. I wish I had remembered to get a video, but I got caught up having fun and forgot.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:54 am

Looking good!!

I need a trip.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midmoslts » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:46 pm

You know I swear I'm going to have a big opening event at some point so that everyone can come check it out. I have been holding off wanting to have it finished before having a grand opening, but it has been one thing after another that keeps drawing it out. Now it looks as if it may be even farther out than I had ever imagined. I still have work to do and just found out that I am going to have back surgery in 2 weeks. That doesn't give me time to do much of anything before I will be out of commission for months.

I'm holding out hope that a few weeks after surgery I will feel well enough to have some folks over to play and get my by then much needed racing fix.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:17 pm

Today we are expecting a VIP at the track. Harry is making his first trip over to try it out and have some fun. I tried to round up the rest of the regular crowd, but they all had something going on, but Tom. So it looks like it is Harry, Tom, and me, but you never know who will drop by in the end.

I hope Harry isn't to disappointed. I can do some fine grill'n, but today it's going to be beer brats. The plan to get together was rather last second and we have had a yard sale going on all weekend. I'm just glad we could get together before my surgery.

I will try to put some pictures up latter tonight or in the morning depending on how late the fun runs into the night.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Dang, I would have came but I am on call and just got home from work
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby midmoslts » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:02 pm

Jon,

I would have extended an invite, but I know it drives you nuts when we do the last second planning. Fear not we will plan another play day soon and I will try to plan it out farther in advance.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:22 pm

midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:29 pm

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Had a great time. Will do a report tomorrow. THANK YOU for the invite. Can't wait for next time.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads