INSANE SPEEDWAY

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: INSANE SPEEDWAY

Postby midmoslts » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:19 pm

Plenty more vinyl projects to come. It's just slow going at the moment. I spent some more time playing with the Tire Razor today. It is just what I needed to get my TransAm car in the hunt. Cut the tires, set the tripod, remounted the body to get it lower. It is almost ready for racing action. Just need to tune the last few 100's out of it and then do some vinyl on it.

Anyone interested in running a H&R TransAm class with us? Simple stuff... H&R brass with a hard body that would of or could have run back in the day. Foam rubber tires and M/T5 motor. I like to run 10/26 gearing, but you can do whatever you want in that department.

I was even going to try to talk Harry into a oval race or 2 at the home of HRW to add some mix to it. We will have to wait to see what he says on that one.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:44 pm

I picked up some 1/32 scale cars on the forum the other day. That brings me from 3 to 10. I will admit to having fun running them, but I still think I'm more of a 1/24 scale guy. Who knows I could still be reformed, but I wouldn't put money on it.
I (Tom) wonder (Tom) who (Tom) is (Tom) responsible (Tom) for (Tom) all (Tom) this (Tom) madness (Tom) anyway (Harry). Now don't get me wrong, I would be the last guy to point fingers.

Friday and Saturday the weather looks favorable to work out side so I am going to try to work on the plastic for the walls. With any luck we (Tom) can get them all on. After all we have an event coming up soon. Sure would like to have them on before I have a bunch of people over seeing the track for the first time. Wish us luck.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Hey, at least you take responsibility for your actions :)

Guess I need a quick trip up with the Racer Sideways and Carrera DTM's to further pollute your mind.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midmoslts » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Bring it on, but what ever you don't bring those silly vintage NASCAR things with you. They just aren't any fun at all.

Oh, I was pretty far gone when I ran into you 2. However then I was hooked on HO's and I never had the laughs with them that we have had with these. Thank god they have a shot for that and it all cleared up. Thanks for saving me.

Now pick a day and pack some cars. Lets get the show on the road.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:56 pm

I got some of the plastic walls on the track over the weekend. Only 4 more pieces to put on. Then it needs to trimmed top and bottom all the way around. With all the elevation changes in the track fitting the plastic has been a challenge. I had help from 4 people on Saturday and 3 on Sunday to get this far along. It's turned out to be a lot of work, but I think it is worth it. Once all the halls are on I will go back and trim the top and bottom edges of them to get the proper wall height for each section of the track. I'm going for 1" on the inside of turns and 2" on the outside of the turns with transitions in the straightaways. Stay tuned for the results.

While I like a gal that shows a little leg this is going to be a classy lady. A preview of her in her full length skirt.

midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Progress! Well done.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midmoslts » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:14 pm

Thanks. When I first came over to visit HRW and said I was going to build a track is this what you had in mind?
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:22 pm

Well my mind is kind of odd, best never to be analyzed. But what you created works pretty great for the space you chose.

It's not what you CAN see here, it's the little things you cannot.
The time took on the track joints, routing, & assembly is clearly felt when racing. Very smooth, very clean.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Lookin' good! :handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby indybob007 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:28 am

Killer looking track their. Love the yellow and black' also the design is really nice. Good build thread. I love watching the progress. Indybob
indybob007
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Frydaddy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:57 am

Karl, what size pg and wheel did you put on your red 1/24 car yesterday? What size are you using for the fronts, gonna try to order some of the black cb's but wanna make sure it looks correct.
Frydaddy

Postby midmoslts » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:35 pm

Jeff,

They are the same size wheel as the standard H&R wheels. I'm not sure what that is. I could get the tire part number for you, but I have no idea what the wheel part number is.

That is looking like one big led sled. I'm thinking the body must be just setting on the track. If not that is one slammed low rider. Do you have a controller with the levers to work the hydraulics?

Hay, black track with yellow walls. What do you know, that does look pretty good. I think I have seen that look someplace before.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midmoslts » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:57 am

I forgot that I had not posted pictures of the walls on. They are not trimmed in the pictures, but they will be by this Saturday for the NASCAR Classic race and fun run. I will post more pictures from the fun run. The track is having a birthday on Friday. It was Good Friday when we routed the first pieces. :auto-driving:

Trimming. What a mess. The plastic shavings cling to every thing.
Done with all but one little stretch on the big turn. Time to start working on the bottom edge.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Happy Birthday!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midmoslts » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Had some folks that I meet at the Saint Louis slot car show come out for a relaxed afternoon of slot cars. One of them has a 8 lane hill climb for a home track. i can only dream.

I love having people come to play and bring stuff that I don't have and have never seen run on the track. As a part of the commercial track community and having one at home I assumed he might bring some stuff that was competitive on those tracks.

He's a driver and took to the track quickly. As he adapted to the track I tried to find cars that were anything like what he was running in an attempt to see if my stuff could keep up or not. Problem being that none of my stuff is much like the full fledged commercial cars of today. I have lots of old commercial cars and in some cases I have toned down the power in order to make them more manageable on my shorter tighter track.

We did run the Whisperjets that I had bought from him a few years ago and had a blast. Still amazing how much fun we have had with those old cars over the few years I have had them. If you own a track and ever get the chance to buy some of these old cars I would.

Thanks for coming out guys, hope you had as much as we did.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Reader's Roads