[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - DeBary Glen closing down soon

DeBary Glen closing down soon

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: DeBary Glen closing down soon

Postby torquemutant » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:46 pm

:happy-jumpeveryone: The DeBary Glen race track will bring a much needed shot-in-the-arm excitement to the fellows here in Jacksonville. DG will be morphed with our existing 60 foot four lane Scalextric track giving us the potential for endless possibilities in track layouts. As the main racecourse for the Jacksonville Slot Car Club, there will be ample opportunity for you to visit and enjoy your old friend; there is always a parking spot with your name on it. :handgestures-thumbup:
torquemutant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Mon May 04, 2015 6:15 am

Well my scalextric sport raceway has been sold and relocated to Jacksonville, Fl. My routed mdf track will be dismantled, reduced in size and reassembled at my home within the next few weeks. I'm not sure how long it will take to get it back in operation. I will make a post when it is back in operation.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:16 am

Best of luck Bob.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:17 am

Best of luck Bob.
And thanks for inviting this Buffalo guy over to race on both tracks !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri May 29, 2015 2:59 am

Well, the deed is done. DeBary Glen is history. Last night a good friend came over and dismantled my mdf track. Later today the tables will be broken down and the entire lot transported to it's future home. The guys that originally built the track did a good job but my friend Garold is planning to make some improvements when the new track plan is finalized. One thing I am considering is switching to recessed steel braid replacing the flush mounted copper tape. My friend has the necessary router tool but I'm not sure I can afford the cost of the braid or the hassles of it periodically detaching from the track. When he gets started on the new layout at my house I will post images.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Fri May 29, 2015 6:52 am

All of the newer Shoreline Model Raceways tracks have braid with doublesided tape, there have been no issues with the braid detaching. In a few cases it has started to curl a little on the slot side in an area where there are a lot of crashes. In that case we use a roller from Slot Car Corner to press it back down.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Fri May 29, 2015 2:31 pm

hey Bob,
what are you looking at for the cost of the braid?
Speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri May 29, 2015 11:20 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:04 pm

Everything has been moved to my house. Over the next month or two I hope to keep my friend Garold engaged in reconstructing my mdf track and by the fall be able to host races in it's new home.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:17 am

Well now that you won't be wasting time on travel, you should have it up by July?

How about a "Porsche 956 / 962" only Group C race?
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:56 am

Seems right to me. Hopefully the track will be up and running by the end of June but that might be a bit optimistic. One never knows when one is depending on others to do the work. As soon as I have a running track a group C Porsche race will be the first on the schedule.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby torquemutant » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:52 pm

If all goes your way maybe you will have construction completed around the same time as the Daytona slot car swap in July. Should be lots of familiar faces to come by and help you "test" your new track layout. My brother and I will be down there. :auto-driving:

I am sure that you will love having your track at home after all these years driving over to the old place. :dance:

:text-bravo: What better use for your Florida room.
torquemutant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Reader's Roads