[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Now ruuning analog cars on Carrera D132

Now ruuning analog cars on Carrera D132

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Now ruuning analog cars on Carrera D132

Postby martin0409 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:28 pm

I started in this hobby on analog tracks and then last November I decided to try digital racing and it was awesome. However, the dilemma I was faced with is how to run my collections of 1/43 and 1/32 analog cars. So I decided to build on top of my digital track an analog track. It was okay for a while until I got feed up with my view being obstructed by the analog track every time I race digital. So, I finally made a decision to see what's inside the digital tracks and figure out what to do to be able to run analog cars on them. Well, I finally did it. I put bypass switches on the Control Unit, all lane change sections, pit stop and fuel section and external power tracks (where the wireless controller unit and position tower are plugged in) so I can cut off the power going in to those sections when I switch to analog racing. It took a lot of wiring and testing so no short circuit will happen to the tracks and burn the electronics inside. Now I am happy getting the best of both worlds racing digital and analog cars on the same track and I can landscape the track anytime soon.Here's some pictures. Thank you.

Martin

Old track (the gray track is the analog track)

New track

One of the bypassed track

Bypass switches
martin0409

Re: Now ruuning analog cars on Carrera D132

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Well that is mighty impressive. You are quite the electrician sir.

Great job!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:40 pm

That's fantastic. Best of all possible worlds. :clap:
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:24 am

Nice work. This proves there's many ways to skin a cat!

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:14 am

This looks to have been a massive undertaking. It also looks very well done, not at all like a hack-job that I am capable of.

I'm in the same boat as you. I recently went all digital, but kept a good portion of my analog cars because I couldn't bear to part with them. Now that I know that this has successfully been done, I just may give it a go some day- once the digital novelty wears off.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wildbill336 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:34 pm

I am still finding it impossible to build my first digital slot car, I couldn't imagine trying this beautiful masterpiece of work. Great job!
wildbill336

Postby Cjent » Sat May 17, 2014 8:07 am

:text-goodpost: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby legrandnormand » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Nice job for changing from digital to analog.
I'm trying these days to do the same but without any electronic knowledge; what I bought to integrate my analog cars were parts from Carrera:

- connecting section 20515
- hand controllers (2) 20709
- transfo 20713
So today, if I want to use the digital track and cars, I plug in the transformer to the 30344 D132 Blackbox with its 4 hand controllers and out we go digital; for analog usage, I disconnect the digital Blackbox and I connect the analog connecting section 20515 and the 2 controllers for any of my digital or analog cars.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby legrandnormand » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:51 pm

From your experience, what is the best tune up for Carrera digital cars ?
I'm just a new one "slotting" and I love my Carrera digital cars and track; I can play with the whole family and friends, since they are really solid cars.
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:16 pm

That is genius!!!!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby legrandnormand » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:24 pm

legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Fantastic!
I will love to have an analog/digital track.
But l' m afraid I"m unable to do that!!!
Congratulations.
, :clap:
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby legrandnormand » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm inquiring again on this subject !

I have a digital Carrera track; I bought the power connection track (201515) and 2 (20709) Evolution Hand Control, Mechanical and a 18V Exclusiv Transformer and Adapter for use w/Digital 124 (20758)
I've added that connection track to my layout and connected the Exclusive transformer to it, I disconnected the Digital 132 Transformer (30327) from the black box and moved the switch of my digital Carrera cars to analog operation; from my knowledge, this set up should have worked properly for analog operation.

But I have a problem and I cannot figure out what the reason:
"the cars will operate but only after trigerring 3 times on the hand control (20709) and will not operate at low speed or very difficult to..."
Why is that ?

p.s. even if I remove the digital black box (30344) from the layout, the same problem occurs !
Thanks for reading and helping me
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TheRoadrunner » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:48 pm

WOW, that's a lot of BS to have to go through to run older cars on a digital track. I would have just chipped the older cars and run them all digitally, no need for all the out dated analog junk. It adds a lot of clutter you could live without.
TheRoadrunner

Postby TheRoadrunner » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:36 pm

:text-yeahthat:
TheRoadrunner

Next

Return to Digital Racing