[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - power taps

power taps

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

power taps

Postby martin0409 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:21 pm

I would like to put power taps on my digital track, i have idea how to do it (like i have done for my analog track) but not really sure how to do it. Can anyone chime in on how to properly do it just to make sure I do it right and not burn anything. Digital track components are quite expensive and don't want to mess it up.Thank you for your help.

Martin
martin0409

Re: power taps

Postby buspor63 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:30 pm

On Carrera, we do them the same way, it may even be easier because both lanes are the same. You can fan out from the start/power base track or daisy chain them. With D1XX, if you cross polarity, the BB or CU beeps quickly, just turn off and retrace your steps. Carrera track allows you to use "hardware store" wire, stripped and stuffed in the open pockets. I'm not sure of other brands.

I think my brother needs to add some more on The Green Monster, when we run six, half mag 124 cars, you can feel the power sag when all the cars are in one lane.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:36 pm

So to help me understand Daisy Chain - say my total circuit of track is 80' - Carrera Digital. If I start at my power Supply at tie-point zero (TP-0) and go 20' to TP-1 (and tie pos-to-pos and neg-to-neg), can I then go from TP-1 to TP-2 and tie pos-to-pos and neg-to-neg, or do I need to start from TP-0, bypass TP-1 and go all the way to TP-2?

Follow up question: in the 80' example, I'd be 40' away from TP-0 to TP-2. I'm thinking that even though I'm now half way around the circuit at 40', I'd still need to continue another 20" to TP-3 to get full supply voltage to TP-3 - right. Or in my case, TP-3 will be adjacent TP-1, so I'd just jump from TP-1 to TP-3, unless you guys tell me I gotta run from TP-0 to 1,2, and 3 directly. Hope I've explained this well enough to understand.
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:19 pm

Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 pm

Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:49 pm

Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:40 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:39 am

I always take a beating when I say this BUT, I would suggest a running lines to the same rails. If you number the 4 rails on the powerbase 1-4. Run your wires 1 to 1 and 2 to 2 and so on. Why, well if the time comes, it probably won't, this will keep you from having to rerun the wires later IF Carrera or you ever decide to wire your track for analog and digital. Many have done this. Analog requires the wire power taps to be run to the same rails. Digital, it doesn't matter. You can run 1 to 3 and 3 to 4. If you plan to landscape your track, I think it's a good idea. It's easier to explain verbally. I hope I didn't confuse you more. Just my $.02.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:20 am

:text-yeahthat: %100. If your going to be running the taps anyway take your time and run all the wires separately. You NEVER know what the future might bring.
Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:35 am

Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Thu May 02, 2019 5:48 am

Thanks all!
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!