Pit stop switching lanes

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Pit stop switching lanes

Postby proxieken » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:09 pm

I work with a guy who has a 143 Go! set up. In his track he has a mechanical switching section of track. Each time a car goes through it flips so the next time through it goes down the other lane. I wish this would fit my 1/32 track because it would be perfect for pit stops. The first car in would go in to pit 1 and the next would have to go in to pit 2. This would avoid the occasional mishap where you get pushed out during a pit stop by getting nudged from the back. When you use the breakdown software it is a problem because I had it set for pretty long delays for repairs and sometimes you get nudged during a repair and have to go around at a slow speed and start the repair over again.

Has anyone modified this track piece to work on 1/32 track? Did Carrera make this in the larger scale? It seems a pit stop entry might be able to be changed in to a mechanical lane switcher if I had the part to take apart and see how it works. That way you come in, hit the sensor, and then go in to the empty pit area. Or maybe hit the switcher first and then have a sensor in each lane.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Digital Racing