[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Does Carrera make a Ford GT40 MII 1:32 scale?

Does Carrera make a Ford GT40 MII 1:32 scale?

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Does Carrera make a Ford GT40 MII 1:32 scale?

Postby Burrell » Thu May 09, 2013 4:16 pm

I've seen the 1:24 scale cars, but can't find a Carrera digital for 1:32. I like the Slot.it version. Can I put a chip in it and convert it to Carrera digital?
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Does Carrera make a Ford GT40 MII 1:32 scale?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 09, 2013 4:26 pm

This may be a subject better suited to the digital topic, but I think you might be happier with the looks if you put your chip in a Scalextric or Fly car from a few years ago. The Slot.It car (I have two), is just not a good looking scale body and it really takes away from the fun to see a squashed, weird looking version of the classic car when running with others from the era that are in scale. Between Scaley and Fly, I have 35 or more of them, and the Slot.It car can't be on the track when one of them is running. (although Slot.It running gear sure makes them run better than stock!)
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Cincyslots » Fri May 10, 2013 6:07 am

Yeah, better in the Digi Forum but you can chip just about any car for Carrera. Here's a link of cars others have done.

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/porta ... hp?t=49412

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Fri May 10, 2013 7:10 am

Thanks for the replies and link, guys. I guess I tacked on the digital chip question, but my initial hope was that there was a carrera 1:32 gt 40 that I was unaware of so I wouldn't have to go that route. Guess not.

Thanks again!
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mfogg » Fri May 10, 2013 8:14 am

Last edited by mfogg on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfogg

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri May 10, 2013 8:22 am

No we don't make a GT40 in 1/32. It's unlikely we ever will.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Burrell » Fri May 10, 2013 9:02 am

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat May 11, 2013 7:00 am

Plus the Ford GT40 is a rather small car and unless Carrera molded it way over scale I doubt that their circuit board would ever fit inside it, unless they deleted the interior.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Sat May 11, 2013 6:19 pm

b.yingling

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue May 14, 2013 9:00 am

Bruce is correct... it would not need to be made "overscale" for the sake of fitting a digital chip inside. Though it would be tough... say... to make a vintage 60's era F1 car for that reason.

And he's correct about the other GT40s the market which is the main reason I would never suggest that we make a GT40 for 1/32. I'd rather focus on other cars... working on that list for the next year and year after that at the moment....
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Burrell » Tue May 14, 2013 9:45 am

Thanks for the replies, guys.

So, b.yingling, would you have a photo of the interior of your Slot.it GT40 with the Carrera chip in it so I can get an idea of how to fit it in there?
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Wed May 15, 2013 4:25 am

If you get a fly or slot it GT40 MKII and worry about the chip not having room to fit here is a little known fact with the Carrera chips you can get a 143 scale F1 chip and use it cause Carrera uses the same frequency in all its digital sets it dose not matter on the scale of car.

If you already know this sorry but thought you would like to know.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Thu May 16, 2013 10:46 am

If a 143 scale chip is the same as a 132 chip, how comes the 143 can only race 3 cars at a time? This info is quite handy as I have chipped some cars and a smaller chip is better for sure.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Thu May 16, 2013 11:39 am

The D143 chip is not exactly the same- although it can be coded to ID#1..6, and a car containing one can be driven on any D1XX track. It can't be used to power a ghost or pace car, and it does not recognize commands to set or limit the max speed or brake effect. It also will not calculate fuel burn on an 'old' pit lane system that doesn't use the pit lane adapter sensor tracks.

The 3 car limit for D143 is because of power. The Red Box and it's power supply are not designed to handle enough current for more cars. Quite a few D143 users have purchased D132/24 Black Boxes that have been replaced by Control Units. These can be hooked up to D143 tracks and allow more cars to be driven.

For burrell: I don't have a picture of the GT40, although somewhere at home I have a picture of a chipped slot.it Alfa 33/3. The chip arrangement is almost identical. I'll look for it when I get a chance. Much more likely to find the time to find that than to find the time to take a picture of the GT.
b.yingling

Postby racer6583 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:17 pm

racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Digital Racing