[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Show and Tell

Show and Tell

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Show and Tell

Postby kennibc » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:18 pm

kennibc

Re: Show and Tell

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Welcome to HRW.

Nice layout, the guardrails and lights are different and very neat.

Thanks for sharing the photos.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby buspor63 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Those lighted guardrails are the cars pajamas! I can imagine those on the inside of a turn looking like the real deal at Daytona.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:32 am

WOW! First off, the guardrails are very cool...but the lights! Those are fantastic! Did you use LED strips and if so, care to show us how you did it? I know there are a lot of folks that would like to see that.

Welcome to HRW!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby kennibc » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:08 am

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome!
The lights were purchased on amazon.com called hitlights. They were about $45 for 32 ft of lights, powersupply, and dimmer. You can get different colors and options.

The guard rails are weather strips from homedepot commonly used on doors. They come in white, black, brown, and grey. They have a 'v' shape to them which made them ideal to stick the led strips inside. Then I just hot glued them to the side of the track.

Just using 22guage wire I cut and spliced to connect the pieces. Now that it is all wired and working I have to solider the wires.

I know some people have really nice and scenic tracks which are awesome, but for mine I just like a cool looking track which is easy to race on with people who are not too skilled and cars tend to go flying. Too much scenery and I think I would get mad with crashes.
kennibc

Postby patwa » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:37 am

patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kennibc » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:08 am

Thanks for sharing patwa. Your track looks like a lot of fun to race on! I like the wide track with the lane changes.
kennibc

Return to Digital Racing