Carrera Digital Track gaps

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Carrera Digital Track gaps

Postby Perrotoro » Thu May 02, 2019 7:18 am

I have a free-hand layout to fit my space - about 75-90' . At two locations, the "fit-up" stress is enough to pull about a 1/8" opening on one side of the track connections. The red "hold-together" clips are just not quite adequate to hold the stress at these two locations. The cars run across these two locations with no trouble/noise.

Is there an easy proven method to give locations like this a little extra "tie-together" support? I was thinking about drilling two small holes on the outside vertical wall, on either side of the joint and tie'ing the joint together with small 30-gauge, black coated, solid core wire. That'd be a relatively obscure simple fix.

Maybe I should just leave it alone as the stress will likely be transferred to another joint of the track.
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera Digital Track gaps

Postby dw5555 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:20 am

If there is that much stress then your track needs a slight adjustment at some other point in the track. It could be anywhere. You would be surprised how using a 1/3 straight instead of a 1/4 will make a difference further on down the track. Even different radius curves will throw things off. If it were me I would disconnect the track between the 2 bad sections and start adding a piece at a time to see where an adjustment can be made. I wouldn't be surprised if you find out that you will probably be about 1/4 of a track off alignment.
Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Digital Racing