Carrera Digital parts question

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Carrera Digital parts question

Postby WaltB » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:35 pm

I've decided to convert most of my analog cars to digital and am curious if the white plastic plugs and terminal ends used by Carrera are available in bulk anywhere?
I could hard-wire them , but difficult to swap from car to car.

Suitable LED's for headlights would be on my list also (and wiring tips for same) Cincyslots may have posted this before?

I'm capable of doing the installs ok, but finding the correct pieces online is daunting. I know I've seen this info here but haven't found it yet, so any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Walt :text-thankyouyellow:
WaltB

Re: Carrera Digital parts question

Postby WaltB » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:16 am

Delete this please? Ain't rookies a pain.
WaltB

Postby tracyridge » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:46 am

not at all Walt! ,, I have had no luck finding those little plastic plugs for the Carrera chip too. I now just solder it to the wires coming off of the guide pin, and directly to the motor. I have used small led lights for headlights, Got them at Radio shack , before it closed. my installations aren't the prettiest , I just use a hot glue gun , in most cases, glue the leds right behind the headlight openings on the car..

I am sure you can find leds on online.

...and we are all rookies at one time or another !!

John
tracyridge
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 32lbking » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi Walt, never feel you can't ask a question. That is what this forum is for.
The connectors you are looking for are available on ebay . However, I don't know how to post a link.
The plugs for the motor and guide wires on carrera digital chips are 2.0mm jst 2 pin connectors. the ebay item # is
The plugs for the head and tailights are 1.5mm jst 2 pin connectors. ebay item # is 251717311245.
They are $3.99 for 50 and include both the male and female plugs. They are also available in smaller quantities.
Just go to ebay and type ONLY THE NUMBERS into the search bar and it will take you right to the auction. If you or anyone else can post a link to these in this thread that would be great, as this question has been asked a lot.
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:59 pm

CincySlots makes them with the wires attached.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WaltB » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:59 pm

Thanks for the info everyone.
So I managed to create a duplicate thread, if a mod could merge them that would make me feel less inept.

I did find a company that sells all the connector parts for both motor and lights- no leads. I can post their website and part numbers if allowed.

It requires a specialized crimping tool that's about 40ish bucks but worthwhile if doing a bunch and I enjoy that kind of stuff.
WaltB

Return to Digital Racing