[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera 4 or 6 cars

Carrera 4 or 6 cars

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Carrera 4 or 6 cars

Postby proxieken » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:43 am

I was wondering why the Carrera tracks say 4 cars for a 1/24 scale track and 6 for a 1/32. It uses the same controllers. Why can I not run 6 cars digital with 1/24? I am asking this because I currently only own 3 1/24 scale cars but plan to add a few more. When I do I am going to put 4-6 on the track just like the 1/32 cars and see what happens.

Also, I have been running the 1/24 cars with the 1/32 power pack and I kind of like the way they are slowed down a bit. I have an analog power pack for 1/24 and I need to rig up a plug to switch out. We have only run a little bit of the big cars but I seem to really like them.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera 4 or 6 cars

Postby RazorJon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 am

I think its because of the amp draw between the 1\24 and 1\32, the black box can not handle it
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby b.yingling » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:21 pm

They specify (4) 1/24 digital cars because the D124 power supply doesn't really have enough oomph to run 4 stock D124 cars- much less 6. The Carrera 1/24 analog power supply is even worse. It struggles to run (2) stock D124 cars. I see you are using the D132 power supply with your D124 cars. You can easily run (4) D124 cars with it, as it offers more amps than its 18 volt D124 cousin. As you already know- the top speed is reduced. If the large magnets are removed, you can probably run (5) or (6) D124 cars on the D132 power supply.

With an aftermarket power supply you can easily run (6) D124 cars. If you upgrade the power supply, remember that the Black Box shouldn't be fed more than 5 amps, and the newer Control Units shouldn't receive more than 8. 5 amps will run (6) D124 cars (if at least some of the magnets are removed), and 8 amps will give you power to spare.
b.yingling

Postby proxieken » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Thanks. Where can I get a power supply that will work? I do not want to pull off the magnets, these things are sideways most of the time now. :)

I am using the black box and lap counter. It has never been clear to me the advantage of the new control unit. I have to figure out if it is worth the money.

Thanks for the info. I never considered it was an amperage issue.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:51 am

Cincyslots has the power supply you need, my brother has one and we run 6 D124 cars. The CU is a good investment because it allows more amps through it, just fuse it accordingly. Also, using the CU will open up more race options running b.yinglings race management software on a computer. It's about a $250 upgrade.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:33 am

Here's I did/would do:

Power supply $140

Yank the mags and get the Rubirosa tires, true them a little $7.00pr

PC unit and use Yingling's software, assume you have a space PC. $75.00 His program is just AWESOME. If you some extra cash, buy a flat screen PC ready TV and hang it on the wall as your monitor.

Get the CU now or at least down the road $63

Total $278 plus shipping

Even if you did none of the track upgrades, remove the mags, the tire upgrade is worth it. There are other HRW members that have bought them. Hopefully they use them with the same success as we do.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:36 am

oh and if you really want to live large, get yourself a couple of these:

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cagee13 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:47 pm

If upgrading to an aftermarket power supply be sure to add an inline fuse between the power supply and CU. Trust me I learned the hard way TWICE!
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:04 pm

LOL, not a bad idea.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cagee13 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:07 pm

cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Yes, it's real! Lol. We've sold about 40 of them. Some people like the plunger and some prefer the trigger.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cagee13 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:16 pm

I liked the trigger because it was just like running the analog tracks but now there's a special button. LOL
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Digital Racing