Hello??

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Re: Hello??

Postby ourwayband » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:40 am

Well I for one like Digital,just couldn't get any one else in my area interested.I've had Carrera,which in my eye is a great system,except for the their limited lap counting system.You have to buy several different deals just to see where your car is..The expense will also stop some folks from going digital.I still enjoy reading the news and developments.
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JimD » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 pm

I should have mentioned on my intro post that my routed combo oval/road course uses Carrera D132 with a pit lane and lane changer. It is three lanes and I piggyback a third sensor onto the CU to count all three lanes. We normally have at least five or six guys each nite we run and it is a blast following as close as you can without causing a wreck.

I got back into slot cars about 3 years ago because of digital. Used to run ho and strombecker back in the sixties with my dad and friends. I wish I had the room and money for analog but like analog guys, once you go one direction it is though to switch or go both ways.

The two best things for us in out small group (3 local tracks) is that we all rout in a shuffle that makes the three lane track one big single lane track that takes three laps to complete. There is never a worry about uneven lanes and no one ever feels like, hey, my turn to run that lane. And we don't run heats and switch lanes each heat. I'm not dissing analog at all so don't get me wrong. It really happened by accident that we figured out the shuffle removed the issue and at the same time allows us to all run the same lane from time to time.

The inside joke is always played once per session, "if I knew you guys were gona all run the SAME lane I would have only routed ONE slot!"

Jim
JimD

Postby LAMing » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:52 pm

A few years ago, Carerra D132 brought me back to slot cars with the hope of being able to have some fun by my lonesome using "ghost" cars. 8-)

Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get over center and really get going. I tend to start a car mod project, then it goes stagnant on me, and it sits and sits and... some of you know how THAT routine goes. :roll:

It really is a shame I'm so unmotivated, because I have a feeling the daughter and her finance', and our grand daughter would enjoy beatin' n' bangin' on a D132 oval with some D132 dirt trackers!

Another issue with my slotting is that it has to compete with my other interests (motorcycling, shooting, flying model airplanes, etc). I only have so much time.
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Digital Racing