[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Snyderville Speedway Youtube Channel

Snyderville Speedway Youtube Channel

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Snyderville Speedway Youtube Channel

Postby Josh S » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:46 pm

Hello fellow race fans,

I know most viewers reading this thread have probably seen one or two of my videos before, and I hope that everyone is enjoying the content. The Snyderville Speedway Youtube channel is and will continue to be solely focused on Carrera Digital slot car racing. At this point, I felt it was relevant to have a dedicated thread for the channel. My goal is for the channel to continue to grow, and together we can make it happen! All new videos will be posted on this thread, as well as any channel updates. However, I also want this thread to be a place for viewers to discuss any ideas for current or new content, as well as posting feedback or thoughts about any of the content. I am extremely thankful for everyone watching the videos, and if you haven't done so, go ahead and subscribe to the channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9J...eCTNnkTno4Gs1A

When the channel is expanding and growing, more people will be seeing the videos, which means the awareness of slot car racing and digital slot car racing more specifically will be greater. This can lead to more people getting into this hobby. I really want to see our hobby continue to grow. Just in the last couple months, our local group has grown with three new members. There are a couple more people at work that may be joining soon. With that being said, the interest is there, just not enough people know about digital slot car racing. Thank you for your support!

Josh
Last edited by Josh S on Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Snyderville Speedway Youtube Channel

Postby Josh S » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Good idea Josh, your content is always entertaining. Are you still using the same camera? What brand/model? I need to upgrade, my iPhone 6S is beginning to have issues with the image stabilization and my Hero 2.... is, well a Hero 2 LOL

Viewers interested in slot cars should seek out slot car content and watch it. I'm convinced there must be some algorithm that helps spread topics when more frequently viewed.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby fourshipp » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:26 am

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Josh,

How do you go about setting max speeds for each car? Do you adjust the individual cars so that all the cars max out at about the same speed? Can you drive wide open around the entire track?

Watching this video it seems the cars are evenly matched and speed limited to avoid deslots, or are your drivers all very experienced?

I’m trying to set stuff up so that folks with little or no experience can have close, competitive rescuing without deslotting everymlap or two.

Thanks.
fourshipp

Postby Josh S » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby fourshipp » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks for that. That is about the same hinge we are trying to. Last night was our first big night of racing. We ran 4 up and I tried to get the cars fairly close. We will continue to test. I got two new cars this week still running stock tires. The after market tires will help. I’m still working on tuning with only middle magnets. I have three Can Am cars that run great with the single magnet. The taller, heavier cars need a bit of work but we are getting there.

Do you run any 1/32 or are you all 1/24?

Thanks for the response.
fourshipp

Postby fourshipp » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:30 am

17.5 volts: is that at the power supply (I am running a 30V 10A variable CV power supply) or at the rails?

I am running 15.5V at the power supply for 1/32 cars. Is your higher voltage for the 1/24 cars?

Thanks for the tip on setting power on smartrace vs the CU. I will try that. We have lots of work to do tuning and equalizing cars. Getting everything refitted with Paul Gage tires will help. Running the higher CG cars with only the center magnet and he stock tires is challenging at best. We should have cars tuned within a week or so.

I still need to work on the track layout and positioning of accessories. My start finish line is right after a turn and the looser cars miss the sensor and don’t count all the laps.
fourshipp

Postby CJR » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:36 am

Keep those videos coming.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:54 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby fourshipp » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Thanks, Josh. We are running 15.5 volts for the 1/32 cars.

Last night was our first night trying to run actual races. There were 6 of us: me, an old college friend! And our four grown sons. After about 30-40 hot laps we ran 4 up, 25 lap races requiring one pit stop. Very unorganized early but the learning curve was steep. We did have great fun and the boys enjoyed themselves.

I’ll get some videos taken as soon as we get our operation running a bit smoother.
fourshipp

Postby Josh S » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:32 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:47 am

dw5555