pit lane problems

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

pit lane problems

Postby tracyridge » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:56 am

Hi all
First of I want to thank everyone who has posted answers to my questions :text-thankyouyellow:
I just got done installing the pit lane { Carrera } in my wood track. Problem is the switch to direct the car into pit lane dose not work , nor does the sensor in pit lane. Pit lane does have power to the rails, The switch track into pit lane is right in front of the Carrera CU/power base, as per instructions, and pit lane sensor track is installed correctly, only thing different would be that after the pit lane sensor track it turns back into wood then merges back into the race circuit if I flip the pit lane switch with my finger the car goes right through pit lane, no problems , no power lag, but pit lane sensors does not register ....
what am I missing?!
thanks

John
tracyridge
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: pit lane problems

Postby Fitzy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:49 am

I Believe Carrera also recommends a couple straight before that sensor I had an issue with that coming out of a turn a had one half straight the cars were missing the sensor.
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tracyridge » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:16 am

The pit lane switch is in the middle of a long straight.... I don't think that's it... It seems that both sensors ,pit lane switch and re fuel sensor are not getting power ?
tracyridge
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tracyridge » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 pm

well it seems my pit lane problem is due to the fact that someone put a small screw thru the circuit board on the pit lane switch track piece!! atta boy johnny :clap: ... 50 plus years on the earth and I am still doing stupid stuff!.... does anyone know if I can just purchase that circuit board, or am I looking at buying another whole pit lane set?

john
tracyridge
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:26 pm

Have to buy a pit lane set
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:15 pm

First of all, can you repair the traces? BARC is right, the boards are only available in the track section. A regular lane change board will work, but you'll loose the ability to exclude ghost and pace cars.

This is my regular lane change with board for pit in.

This is my pit fuel sensor

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 am

Why do you think you need to replace the board.If a screw just went thru a trace on the board, solder a jumper wire in place.
Scratch off coating on the trace to get clean copper and solder. (both sides)
Maybe show a picture to see where the screw went thru for suggstion to fix?
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tracyridge » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:51 am

thanks again guys for all the suggestions. I don't think repairing the circuit board is an option. The screw went right thru a little diode or something like that, totally blew the little bugger apart. unfortunately I have no other board to replace it with,per suggestion from buspor63... well at least I should be a preferred customer at LEB hobbies by now :banana-dance:
Thanks again guys, and Merry Christmas
John

ps when my track is something to look at I will be posting pictures of it...
tracyridge
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Digital Racing