[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Do you prefer 1/32 or 1/24

Do you prefer 1/32 or 1/24

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Re: Do you prefer 1/32 or 1/24

Postby 32lbking » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:49 pm

32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:49 pm

1/24 all the way for me and my group. In my experience, the 1/24 cars provide closer racing, and they feel much more realistic in the way they drive. The 1/24 cars are easier to control, because you can really feel what the car is doing. The 1/24 cars also provide a more realistic scale speed. However, 1/32 cars are a lot of fun as well. We also race the 1/32 cars, just not as often.
Last edited by Josh S on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:00 pm

1/32 cars are like little jewels. 1/24 cars are... not.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:39 pm

I got a slew of 32's and I love em, but only about a dozen 24's.
I'm with Dangermouse as if I could convert em all up.
I'm more content 'off the porch' and running.

Paul
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oceanview » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:19 am

I would like to answer Slow shoes question using 1/24 cars on Ninco track. I run 4 lane Ninco track with borders and started running Carrera 1/24 cars on it , all I can say is Wow!. If I remember correctly Ninco track is only 1/2" less between the slots than Carrera so you can race side by side.
I did have to "thin" the stock guide because Ninco track narrows where you join the pieces together. I also had to take the magnets out because Ninco track metal really has a high attraction factor. I found that stock rubber possibly works better on the rougher surface than urethane (I could be wrong) Anyways, did I say Wow?
oceanview

Postby slowshoes » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:49 am

slowshoes
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:32 am

Luckily here in the NW we don't have to choose. We have the opportunity for both scales, however that means twice as many parts scattered around the workbench.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby anthonyalonso » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:44 pm

No Comparison! 124 by far is more realistic. 132 you might as well be running go cars as they are too fast and not forgiving. They just let go if overdriven. Even with no magnets. Too small to work on also. Carrera selection of 124 is getting worse every year. DTM suck! where are the Nascar 124?? After all, this is The U.S. market we are dealing with. Nascar is our biggest draw. We race 6 132 Nascars and 2 ghost and are now lookin into Parma and Trinity 124 chassis for the 124 we want. Will never buy another 132. And Carrera 132 F1 cars are a joke. They are so fast and small you cannot even see em. Now if they made a 124 F1 that would be great. We have 6 of Carrera older 124 Formel 1 and they are more fun than any 132. 124 LMP?? Only the Porsche 917 is available and they made at least 6 different ones.
anthonyalonso

Postby oceanview » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:21 am

Yes BE CAREFUL , the 1/24 cars WILL ruin you! (if you have the room)
oceanview

Postby dw5555 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:14 pm

dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 am

I guess since I started this post I should state which I prefer. I prefer the 124 scale. I can’t keep the 132 on the track . I believe the weight of the 124 cars , may help hold them on the track. Plus the fact that they don’t go warp speed , probably helps too. And I really love the way they look. I prefer the 124 , but I will still run 132 also. Hopefully when my adjustable power supply gets here i can calm-the 132 cars down a bit.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:10 pm

rick42,

What voltage have you been using to run the 1/32 slot cars on your track?

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:55 pm

I have been using the original power supplies from the digital or the analog supplied with the carerra tracks. I am not sure of the volts each put out.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slowshoes » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:28 am

slowshoes
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Racing