[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Do you prefer 1/32 or 1/24

Do you prefer 1/32 or 1/24

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Do you prefer 1/32 or 1/24

Postby rick42 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:57 pm

I just got back into running my track. Carrera digital. I have both 1/32 and 1/24 cars. Have been running the 1/32 more than the other. Tried one of the 1/24 cars the other day and really enjoyed it. Which do you prefer
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Do you prefer 1/32 or 1/24

Postby Pappy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:29 pm

I use to prefer 1/24 scale but now in my old age I like 1/32 scale. Not a fan of digital in either scale.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:43 pm

Pappy, I’m not actually a big fan of digital either. Kind of a pain at times. I too am starting to feel my age , and seem to gravitate towards the simple things in life. Thanks for your response.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:53 pm

My group has mostly 1/32 cars, but we run the 1/24 cars the most because they seem to be more evenly matched. We run mostly non mag on Carrera track with shoulders. The only exception is my MDF digital track. I even made the slots 4 1/4" so there would be more room for 1/24 cars. As a group of always 4-6, digital gives everyone the chance for more track time. My software allows many more racers to compete too.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:59 pm

1/32.
Our club runs only 1/32 and it seems 1/32 is more readily available.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:15 pm

I’m a 1/32 guy for sure. However just picked up some deals in some 1/24 Carrera cars so I’m breaking out my Carrera track to check them out.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JamieB » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:47 pm

We race 1:32 and 1:24 digital Carrera non mag cars and while I like both sizes, the 1:24 cars are way more fun to race.
JamieB
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:13 pm

1/32 is my primary scale...but I do enjoy the larger 1/24 as well. My experience on Carrera Digital is limited, but the larger 1/24 models were a hoot to me.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:46 pm

I like the bigger scale, maybe its easier to see lol, my digital experience is very little but I did enjoy it
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby -Nimrod- » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:05 am

1/32 was the scale I fell into many years ago and got the hobby started.
1/24 once the cars I love started being produced as RTR's (BRM Ferrai 512M & Porsche 917, etc & Carrera Ferrari P330, GT40's etc)
but 1/32 gets a little more track time throughout the week.

Cheers
NimROD
-Nimrod-
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:37 am

I like them both, we race mainly 1/32 but we do get the 1/24th out. When we do run 1/24 it is mainly BRM and Scaleauto. We tried running the Carrera but they are so under powered and we found some like the BMW M1 were quite a bit faster than other cars. Really looking forward to the new BRM Trans Am cars.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:30 am

I prefer 1/24 - but have a mess of 1/32 cars - the 1/24 Carrera cars are so much fun to race - on my friends 5 lane track with 5 of them thundering down the straight the sound and the look is awesome. If I could get all the cars I have in 1/32 in 124 scale I probably would :)
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slowshoes » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:06 am

I'd like to give some 1/24 cars a try - is there enough room for the larger scale on a Ninco track? The pics I've seen of the new BRM Trans Am cars look amazing. (though pricey).
slowshoes
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:44 am

If you have the space, I feel Carrera DIGITAL 124 offers the best overall slot car experience. The cars just seem so realistic with how they drive and I like the extra detail of the larger 1/24 Carrera slot cars. The downside is that you pretty much need borders on all the curves which adds to the space requirements of the track layout. You can have tons of fun in any scale, so I say it mainly comes down to your available space and budget.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:47 pm

BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Digital Racing