[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - digital and analog on the same track

digital and analog on the same track

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

digital and analog on the same track

Postby rick42 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:08 pm

I have a carrera digital track and an evolution analog track also. The track is the same , but the control units are different. A while back I found info on how to rewire the digital control unit, and adding a switch to it, would enable me to run digital or analog with the flip of the switch. I have lost the info. Does anyone know what I am talking about.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: digital and analog on the same track

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:04 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:35 am

Dan,

I saw you posted this in another thread - "That is why I used digital chips to supply power to each lane when running analog. It allows all the Carrera digital race management features to my analog racing."

Does this mean that you get lap counting and pit stops with the analog slot cars? If so, could you please explain how this works.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:40 am

You get every feature except timing and of course lane changing

For analog timing I use Race Coordinator
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WaltB » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:21 pm

Couple questions on this setup: The pic of switches all "up" appears to be digital and "down" would be analog, could the empty terminals of S1 be used to power the remote decoder box or did you use 2 power supplies?

What's the purpose of moving the led off the decoder board? I get the headlight circuit led for programing the lane.

Can you clarify the Pit Lane wiring for me, without lane changing ability this seems unnecessary?
WaltB

Postby WaltB » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:27 pm

I know little about this and hesitate to experiment, don't like letting the smoke out.

2 more while I'm thinking of it - will my wireless controllers work in analog mode ?( I think so)

Do the lane changers need to be isolated in any way?

Many thanks, Walt
WaltB

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:12 pm

Moving the Sensor LED off the board is for the sake of placing it in an area that makes it easy to access. If you are using the fuel option you need to be able to place pitlane sensor over the sensor LED to allow refueling. The pitlane sensor is removed out of the pit lane ,and used like a fuel hose to facilitate fueling
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WaltB » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:09 pm

Got it=Makes sense as the car can't actually pull into the pits.

I have read the center rails of the lane changers need to be isolated from the main lanes rails - true?

Thanks, Walt
WaltB

Postby dw5555 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:18 am

By default there is already a small gap in the center rail. I used to take and grind just a little more (1/8") clearance. After adding more L/C's to the layout I just put a piece of electrical tape between the center rails to ensure isolation and haven't had any issues.
Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WaltB » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Thanks, all info is appreciated!
WaltB

Return to Digital Racing