Follow up on the 2.4 LeMans

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Follow up on the 2.4 LeMans

Postby btaylor » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:01 am

Thought I would share this experience from Saturdays 2.4 LeMans race.
First, we had an absolute blast! The racing was door to door almost all day long. Setting up the matched cars was the key. No one had any advantage whatsoever over the others. All cars had to make pit stops for fuel and tires. We ran Brit GT cars and LMP Roadsters mostly throughout the day and early evening.
I would like to add that anyone that has not tried the RSC64 PRO program to their SSD track, is missing a BIG bunch of fun! I had one driver that was totally new to slot cars, and several that had never ran digital. This program really evens the score so to speak. Experienced drivers may have had a slight advantage to start with, but all that changed after a few laps, as all got used to the track, and the Program. It was decided Saturday, that this will become at least a once a month event! We fired the grill up at lunch, and again at dinner time, as we had raced right up till dusk. Needless to say, all had a great time, and this digital thing is a lot more fun than I expected. We had our share of wrecks, but I wouldn't say it was more than any other racing we have done here on any of my tracks. Very few minor car damages, mostly small bits, that usually come off in battle anyway.
So, to sum it up, I am totally thrilled with digital racing, and the realism that a full on race program offers is absolutely amazing. Now its time to chip some more series of cars! next up will be 70's Lemans cars, then my 60's sports cars. More reports from Dire Straights raceway to come!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Follow up on the 2.4 LeMans

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:36 am

Sounds and looks like a great time. I really wish I could have come down for it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:48 am

I wish you could have too! BUT, we will be doing it again soon, so maybe another chance in the future. Your always welcome as you better know!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:57 am

The General and I have been thinking about it. I told her you would allow us to visit (as long as I cooked and stayed out of the way).
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:02 am

The keys to the cook house are hangin in the shop! No need to knock, let yourselves in. Of course if your Bringing the General, we will put you up in the Elvis suite in the north wing. Its a long haul from Dixon (18hrs) if you drive straight through, and don't slow for Possum poppin!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Return to Digital Racing