Scalextric digital corner lane changer Mod.

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Scalextric digital corner lane changer Mod.

Postby btaylor » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:43 am

Those of you running SSD tracks may already know this, but for those like me that are new to it, this might help. The set I purchased came with a one corner LC, and one straight LC. After adding a ton more track, and a few more LC's, I found a spot where my track direction was reversed. I needed a corner LC that was left hand, in to out. The ones I had were right hand, out to in. After close inspection of what appears to be a useless flipper in one lane, I realized that if you turn the track section over, all the working parts and wires can be reversed! So, after some minor screw removal, I was able to have the LC in the direction I needed it to be, and no further expense was needed. This allowed some serious race line improvements when heading into the technical section of my track, and I now can take the outside lane of the hairpin when I want to, allowing a much smoother transition, and much faster lap time. I will post pics of the swap shortly, but it really is self explanatory. Hope this helps any folks using SSD, I know it helped me! :auto-driving:

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Scalextric digital corner lane changer Mod.

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Haven't followed the digital board here on HRW for awhile so I missed this. One of the cool things that Scalextric did with SSD was that they designed their system to use the same parts in all the different combinations whether they be single lane change CLC or double XLC's. That means CLC's have redundant sensors housed in each lane. Also possible is to change the default direction through any LC by simply flipping over the solenoid powering the flipper. This would allow you to have an in to our LC operate in the in to out direction by default. You would then have to toggle the flipper on your controller to remain in the same lane while traveling through that LC. However that would add to the the situational awareness required for the driver if two cars happened to be running side by side though the LC section of track.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Digital Racing