Scalextric DYI Controller holders

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Scalextric DYI Controller holders

Postby btaylor » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:28 am

I have noticed that the digital side of things on HRW is a bit slow. I thought I would share some things that might bring the digi's out of the woodwork so to speak. :lol: My first is this how to on some DYI controller holders for the odd shaped Scaley units. The nice ones from SCC do a great job on the usual parma style controllers, but this might help some of you with the ones like I have.
Materials and tool list is quite small on this one. You will need one 16" section of schedule 80 pvc from your favorite home supply store. A hacksaw, drill motor and bits, and some sandpaper.
First cut 2 1/2" slices at a 45 degree angle or there abouts (its not critical) like the picture shows.
Then cut a 1" or so gap down the tall side like this.
Drill two mounting holes on the backside to mount them. use whatever drill fits your screws, and counter sink the heads a bit.
Sand the cut areas a bit to smooth off any ruff edges, and presto! you have a controller holder that wont scratch your controller. The angle cut lets gravity take them towards the table, and helps hold them in place. They can even be painted lane color with Krylon plastic paint.
Now they wont be layed on the table top, or dropped to the floor when not in use.
Hope this is helpful!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Scalextric DYI Controller holders

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Excellent tip and thanks for sharing Bob~
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Digital Racing