[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera - durability of new style D132 chip

Carrera - durability of new style D132 chip

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Carrera - durability of new style D132 chip

Postby Drewbert34 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:47 pm

I've never once had an issue with the older 26732 D132 chip.

I've had 3 newer style 26732 D132 chips go bad in 3 weeks time.

The 1st one was dead on arrival as a singular chip which the supplier replaced.

The 2nd was in my new Ford GT which I did not return because I had glued / trued tires and already setup the car.

The 3rd was actually a chip about 6 months old raced once a week.

Is anyone else experiencing issue?
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera - durability of new style D132 chip

Postby grenou2009 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:23 pm

I also had one of my new car, 6 months old; I only returned the defective chip to my supplier and I'm expecting to receive a free replacement soon, it is B/O
grenou2009

Postby Drewbert34 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:10 am

If you don't mind me asking, which supplier was that? I would like to give them my business vs. having to send back an entire car.
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:29 am

grenou2009

Postby Drewbert34 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:52 am

That's who asked me to send back the whole car :(
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:02 am

This is funny because I had a customer who didn't want the older style that I had and only wanted the newer one. They have been on back order for sometime and still are.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Drewbert34 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:00 am

I'm telling you...when looking at mosfet size and such, they are probably over-engineered for the masses...but durability wise, I'm almost certain they are more resilient.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:56 pm

I have over 40 digital Carrera cars and I only got ONE defective one, and like mentioned, it is still on B/O and expecting to get it by the end of the month. In the mean time, I've removed one chip from a car that I don't use often, since it does'nt have lights, and I installed on my other car and it runs like a charm.
p.s. I had more problems with LC, single and dual; I had 2 defective ones out of 6 that I bought. Since I tried to fix them, the warranty does not apply any more and that pisses me OFF ! So forget about buying more LC ! :twocents-mytwocents:
grenou2009

Postby grenou2009 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:09 pm

grenou2009

Postby Drewbert34 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:36 pm

Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:49 pm

Off topic, and continuing down the rabbit hole that's already been started for me,but I have had issues with two pit lane LC's that have failed . I am SOL as I voided the warranty 30 seconds after opening the box :D . I have done a bunch of creative wiring and I would never expect them to cover them on the warranty, but their failure is a complete mystery to me, and I don't think it's from anything I have done. My experience with the pit lane changers indicates to me that the electronics are more fragile than those in the regular lane changers which I have had great luck with. In fact I replaced the pit lane chane electronics with regular LC electronics and they have been working in the same environment without issue.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:40 pm

I agree and Carrera should be ashame of those LC products.
Did you get that Dave Kennendy ?
grenou2009

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:15 am

I don't think I would go that far, but I do believe they should take a look at the design and maybe revamp it to make it more robust.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Digital Racing