[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Controller idea

Controller idea

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Re: Controller idea

Postby Drewbert34 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:17 pm

Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:44 pm

I don't think there was any idea bashing. It was more a case of people speaking up for the manufacturers saying it is not their fault Slot cars don't demand as much consumer focus as smart phones.

Personally I have a protoytype onboard sound system I am testing. It would make no sense for me to ask Carerra to do this, because I believe as much as I think sound is important, that vast majority of people couldn't care much less about sound. So I continue forward on my own and at sometime I will share a post on how others can do it if they want. That is the way this is going to have to work its way ahead with such a small enthusiast base.

So please don't stop thinking of stuff we need. They may be someone out there with the talent and time to build it, but it isn't like to be any major manufacturer.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:51 pm

Based on comments by kidvoltage, I'm making the assumption that all of the products have to be reverse-engineered. It seems like a step to make things easier for everyone would be if Carrera would open their system up to third-party vendors. I know that Dave's response will be, "It'll never happen." I understand wanting to keep the technology proprietary. But it would make the job of vendors easier and cheaper and Carrera's system could benefit from advances. How do other industries do it? Making vendors sign non-disclosure agreements seems to be the first step.

I'm sure there are factors that I'm unaware of when it comes to how Carrera runs its business. But I think sometimes you need to try to make things for the future market, the ones who may try slot cars because of new innovations instead of the current market. Czar made a comparison to photography earlier in the thread. Photography was a specialized industry until technological advances made it attractive to everyone. Now there is a risk/reward ratio to be concerned about, but I think innovation can appeal to people beyond the current market.
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:55 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby kidvoltage » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:05 pm

All these ideas have merit.

Controllers should be reasonably simple.

Let's aspire to an even grander vision because apps can easily do the rest. Pretty much everyone has a smart phone. Imagine an app talking to you on a headset as you travel around the track. No need to look at anything else but your car. Squeeze the trigger and navigate. Perhaps your app is aware and you can talk to the car.

Let's go there.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:38 pm

b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eAddict » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:12 pm

Isn't wireless racing called Radio Controlled racing?
eAddict

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:16 pm

No :D
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Digital Racing