[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Digital Improvement of the Year

Digital Improvement of the Year

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Digital Improvement of the Year

Postby Czar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:26 pm

I don't want to take anything away from Harry's traditional SCOTY awards, so I started this thread. In light of the continued growth of digital racing, I think it would be very appropriate to recognize the biggest advance in digital slot car racing this year. This would be recognition for the anything that improves, or advances, digital racing. It could be anything but a new car model with a chip (new software features, chip with advanced capability, smaller chips, new controller, etc.). Nominations are open by anyone. Again, this is for releases in 2016. Let's hear what impressed you this year.

I think I would nominate: sector timing by Carrera.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Digital Improvement of the Year

Postby dw5555 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:55 pm

dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:34 pm

I have always been a little ahead of my time.

Sorry. Nominations still open.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:02 pm

How about the Carson chip for converting Scalextric cars to Carrera D132.
The chip and the wires it comes with for the lights
Scalextric Dodge Challenger chassis with the Carson chip installed and same chassis with Carrera chip installed.
Randy
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:36 am

Great suggestion, Randy.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby carlosinseattle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:38 pm

2nd vote for Carson DPR chip. I was able to get rid of my Scalextric digital and begin the conversion to Carrera digital because of this chip. So it made a world of difference for me.
carlosinseattle

Postby b.yingling » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:34 am

In the same vein as the Carson chip, but probably with at least as much if not more applicability for Carrera digital racers- the new 26732 D132 chip has finally hit shelves. The smaller footprint will make chipping all other brands of car (not just those that are Scaley DPR) much, much easier and less destructive.
b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:46 am

Have to agree with Bruce. I didn't know that the new chip was even out. Knew it was coming but DK never posted that it was officially out so my vote goes for the new Carrera chip. :banana-dance:
Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:33 pm

b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:45 am

Me still living in the stone age w/o an app (don't want one either) I wonder if it will work with maybe another firmware update for X-lap? At least it's good to know that it will probably work with yours Bruce. I'm using an very old version of yours (don't know off the top of my head) and I haven't updated it because it works and don't want to figure out ports again.. :lol:

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:29 am

Well if we are voting with our wallets I just bought 4 of the new Carrera chips. I was able to fit the old ones in 143 scale cars and these new ones will make that even easier. Although ironically these smaller chips will probably be going into bigger cars that I am fitting my sound system in.

So good work Carrera and Carson as this could help others make the leap into the Carrera Digital world.

Funny how we are so pleased with devices that make compatibility easier between brands.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:05 pm

b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:39 am

I've asked about whether the PC Unit is going to be updated and I never get anything other than "maybe". At the time it sold in VERY poor numbers. Since it's been out of production now we get more request for it... but then that's usually the way it is when something isn't available anymore.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Return to Digital Racing