[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What is new in the digital world?

What is new in the digital world?

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Re: What is new in the digital world?

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:52 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Maybe this should be called what's new in Carrera digital. Just jokin'. For those of us that run SSD there is PCR with all the good Slot.it running gear for your Scaley. I have also recently seen in the SlotNZ web store improved trigger controllers and even wireless digital controllers for SSD as well. Cheers.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:28 pm

The Nuremberg Toy Fair opens tomorrow (February 1st). I hope there is some exciting news about new digital opportunities from all the manufacturers.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:37 am

I am personally very excited for Carrera's new sector timing track pieces. I will certainly be taking advantage of these.
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:43 am

You and me both. Still waiting on a release date..

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Saw this on another forum but its a real game changer check out page 10
http://www.slot.it/Download/oXigen/M...ptionO2.en.pdf
can you say universal chip
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Yep. This is the biggest news in digital in...well, maybe ever. It appears to be smaller than any previous oXigen chip, yet at the same time far, far more capable.

Native support for oXigen, SSD, and...and...and CARRERA! I will be buying a couple of these as soon as I can find them.

One chip to rule them all...
b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:25 am

This seriously big news! I would like to learn more. Unfortunately the link is no longer working, Could someone please re-post?
Though I don't know the details this could open the door to cross platform racing and chip away at the exclusionary "proprietary" coding issues.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Drewbert34 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:44 am

Huge! I can't wait to read more!
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:52 am

oXigen has always had some support for SSD, and you could use a controller-locked-on-lane-change to run an oXigen car on a D1XX track.

But there has never before been *native* support for SSD and D1XX built into the oXigen chips. Meaning a car with said chip can be placed on a D1XX track, or an SSD track, or an oXigen track, and be raced and controlled completely by that systems native components and software. It is also smaller than any previous oXigen chip (it fits in a DPR hatch!), and comes with two LEDs already in place- one for SSD, and one for D1XX.

oXigen has made huge inroads into the European club racing circuit (it almost *is* the digital branch), and has ever tighter integration with SSD, so it behooves Carrera to cooperate with Maurizio- or at least not fight him.

This is probably the most exciting bit of news for digital slots (and its future) that I can remember in the last 10 years.
b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:16 am

I will give them my money. Has this chip been released yet? Did the news come out of the Nuremberg Toy Fair? Was there any other news for digital racing? I don't know anyone in the "industry" and the nearest LHS is a solid hour's drive from me, (and only sells Carrera digital) so I have been waiting for someone to post about the newest digital stuff that is being showcased. The silence has been deafening. The New York Toy Show is very soon - maybe some more good news in the next few weeks?
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:03 am

I agree a chip that crosses all the boundaries is a big thing and was needed to broaden the appeal of digital racing. Digital is now one step closer to analog with respect to being able to have a digital car and run it on any system.

This development has been pretty quiet considering how important it is. My fleet at home would still be all Carrera, but certainly I can see having one or two of these chips that would allow me to place them in a proxy car or two. Of course if the cost is comparable to a Carrera chip, every car going forward would get the new oXigen chip.

Things are going in the right direction now. Realistically guys who run analog are paying almost as much for lighting kits as a digital chip cost. If a chip has been developed that would let you run a car on all the systems, and analog, + plus add light and brakes who wouldn't want it?

WHooaaaaa, though. This means you have to buy the expensive oXigen controller though right? SO not quite yet utopia, as you would have to buy their controllers?.

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:10 pm

b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:18 pm

OK that is pretty good. For my personal use then I will still buy the Carrera chips, but I will have a couple of the Oxigens as well to switch to for those occasion. Unless the Oxigen chip hits the mid twenty range. At mid $20 I would just buy them

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:39 pm

b.yingling said: "I think part of the reason for that is that most digital users aren't as interested in what happens outside of their brand as we might like to think."

That is probably because we have been told over and over that there will be no common digital system from the major brands. We have also been told there will be no co-operation between the various makers. I guess they forgot to send the memo to Maurizio. Once again, way to go Slot.it.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Racing