[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Is digital racing dying?

Is digital racing dying?

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Re: Is digital racing dying?

Postby ourwayband » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Digital is just another fun way to race our toys! :)
Rusty
Last edited by ourwayband on Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:51 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:54 am

It's 2:45 AM, I think this thread has been keeping me from sleeping.

Digital is easy, don't over think it. New racers? the control unit allows for a maximum top speed so they stay on track. No need to worry about what lane, just put the car on and go. Up to six racers at a time, they can bump and crash into each other, it's what kids like to do. Thankfully, Carrera build some really stout cars, after all, they're a toy company.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Howie654 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:11 pm

Great Topic and it has made for some VERY interesting reading.
I would like to humbly add my two cents if I may.
I came back to slots after a 40 plus years of absences, I left originally because it had become cost prohibitive for me to remain competitive.
(a whole different topic) Prior to my return I researched both Scaley and Carrera, my my how the industry had changed. After recovering from analytical paralyzation I settled on Scaley.
Now, keep in mind that I was an old rusted HO guy and knew nothing of this new world of 1/32 scale (new to me anyhow).
The determining factor was the scale to scale and the size of the track and the area that I had to setup in. I could get a bit more in the area with a Scaley then I could with Carrera. Also the cost factor, it seemed that I could find Scaley track pieces alot cheaper then I could for Carrera.
The decision to go analog and not digital was strictly $$$$$...
I wasn't sure I would like this scale, and not knowing anyone that had one to try I chose the lesser in cost.
THEN, I found digital, WOW what a concept, fell in love with it. But, my wallet and draining bank account hated them both.
The logic behind this proprietary digital just befuddles me.
I like Scaley cars and a few Carrera cars, IMHO it seems that Scaley and Slot-it make the car styles that my old a%$ likes.
Now that's costly enough, but now you add in the cost of chipping cars that you buy.
I like the fact that the Scaley lets you run both analog and digital without any thought.
I don't like that you have to do a bunch of stuff to a car to get it to run on a Carrera digital track, for god sake man I don't wanna have to be a Jedi I just wanna race my car.

With my limited knowledge of all this stuff I just gave up and went back to what I know and routed my own wood track and run what ever car I want, make pit stops in my lane with a round robin using Race Coordinator and do my part to maintain harmony in the Slot Car World.

I do like the Digital idea though, just don't want to start buying all these different chips.
Just my two cents, thanks for listening
Howie
Howie654

Postby Drewbert34 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:06 pm

1st post...and I love HRM!

Digital racing is just getting started and analog will always be to some extent.

I love my Carrera digital and I could care less if it's the newest,latest, greatest, or if it does fall to obscurity.

Scorpious and Oxigen offer up some really cool stuff. I'd love to see Carrera get more serious for the hobbiest when it comes to that "what's next?"

In the interim, I'll race both my Carrera Digital home set and my 1/24 flexi analog wood track with my friends...because I'm a slot racing fool!
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:25 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Previous

Return to Digital Racing