[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Wireless Speed Controller

Carrera Wireless Speed Controller

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Carrera Wireless Speed Controller

Postby grenou2009 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Binding my 2 wireless controllers is OK; now to my knowledge, trying to code one car to my #1 wireless controller, you have to place a car on the track, press the CODE button on the CU, one light comes on the CU, then you have to hit the LC button on the controller, the 4 lights on the CU come on sequently so does the flashing lights on the coded car and out it goes and we do the same procedure for the second wireless controller.

Now my issue is when coding any car to the second speed controller; when pressing the CODE button on the CU, the 4 lights of the CU come on immediatly instead of just the first one and without pressing the LC button of the controller, the car can be driven but it changes lane at every LC on my track without any action from me ! It seems that the car becomes programmed as half anomymous and half to be driven.
Is there a way to fix this problem or do I have to forget about properly using 4 cars while connectd to the wireless connector.
Thanks
grenou2009

Re: Carrera Wireless Speed Controller

Postby grenou2009 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:19 pm

The problem was that one of the wireless speed controllers has the LC mini switch broken, so it is "kaput" so I'll be back with my 4 wired speed controllers unless someone has a spare to give me, I won't spend any money to buy a new one or if I get a great bargain for a used working one. :cry:
grenou2009

Postby proxieken » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:44 am

One of the guys in our group uses wireless at his place and it sometimes gives him problems. I am sticking to my wired controllers. I just spliced in some phone cords to make them extra long so we can spread out a bit.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:01 am

That's what I'll probably do, extend 2 of them with a longer twisted cord. :text-thankyouyellow:
grenou2009

Postby Czar » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Have you contacted Carrera?
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:01 pm

grenou2009

Postby grenou2009 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:53 pm

Finaly I reorded and received another Carrera Wireless speed controller; placing it on charge for many hours, the damn thing does not respond like it should.
One controller is set to #1 and this new one set to #2, so far so good. Trying to use that #2 to control any one of my digital cars, the car goes away but changes lane biy it self on evry lane changer that I have, no way I can control the use of the the lc button !
Any clues ? I think that the Control unit as some problems... paying $49 US for that pisspoor speed controller...
I hope that Dave Kennedy will read this post !
Thanks to all of you...any help would be appreciated.
grenou2009

Postby proxieken » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:26 am

It sounds like your car is in pace car mode. If you program a car as a pace car it will hit every lane change until it finds the home station to start the race. Once the car is set to pace car, it has to be un-programmed to go back to normal.

Pace car is neat, but I only used it once. It requires a special place for the car to pull over in front of the starting line, so you need 2 pit stops. You hit the pace button, and the car emerges from its parking spot to slowly lead the cars around. Hitting the pace button again sends the car looking for the parking spot, which causes it to hit every lane change until it finds it. You have to configure the track so that the lane changers will lead the pace car to its parking spot. It then sets there until called upon to perform its duty once again. It is a neat feature but the time we tried it half the pack was in front of the pace car by the time it got round a single lap, and then they ran it off the track. Eager to get going!

If you set a ghost car up, it will take off every time it hits the track until you hold up the rear tires and un-code it back to something else. Likewise, a pace car will stay as a pace car until you re-code it.

Does every car behave this way or is it only one car acting up?
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:18 am

Any cars will act the same with that #2 wireless speed controller; it ain't my cars for sure the reason being that I can program any of them with any speed controller except that damn #2 wireless controller.
grenou2009

Postby 32lbking » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:06 am

I was going to say it is probably the LC switch, but I just reread your first post and if I am reading this correctly, this is a second new controller that is doing the same thing ?
If that is correct, have you tried programming the offending controller to a different # ? In other words have you tried binding the controller to the receiver as car 3 or car 4 instead of the # it is now [I am presuming #2] ?
If that is not the problem, I think it would have to be something common in the setup. It could be the CU or it is possible that it is the IR controller Receiver .
Do you have a second IR Receiver to try ?
If that isn't the problem and if you bought the second controller from an authorized dealer I would send it back to Carrera under warranty,if the dealer you bought it from won't just swap you another one.
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:37 pm

Finally, I got rid of my problem by trading in my wireless system for one RAMJET with the optional long cord and one spare long cord. Since I already had one of them wired RAMJET speed controllers, I'll be all set ! :banana-dance:
grenou2009

Return to Digital Racing