Carrera digital

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Carrera digital

Postby proxieken » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:51 am

I had an idea and would like some info on if it is possible.

Can you run a 1/32 car on the Carrera go and digital 1/43 track. I know it is too wide, but if you had some borders on and only one car, would it go down the track and more importantly, will it switch lanes at the digital lane changers?

I am thinking of grafting some 1/43 track parts in to my layout. I already tested the guide and it seems to slide down the slot ok, but I have no means to test the lane changers and if the car will actually navigate the turns.

Thanks!
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera digital

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:57 pm

Are you just talking the track components or the power supply as well?

I run D132 cars on go digital track. The IR sensors in the LC track may need to be moved outward a couple of mm because of the wider spacing on the D132 chip. However I just recently installed a D 143 double crossover without mods and it worked fine with my D132 cars

I do not recommend using the cars if you are using the Go Digital system. The load of the bigger cars may ruin the D143 CU. I don't know this for sure but I would not chance it unless you are prepared to toast the electronics in the experiment.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera digital

Postby proxieken » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:14 pm

THanks Dan, that is exactly the info I was looking for. I would just use the track parts on the 1/32 layout. Not the D143 control unit.

What I am plotting is a couple of options when entering pit lane so cars can scatter a bit. I saw a pic of someone with a whole line of pit stalls and I do not have room for all that. But I think I can squeeze in some 1/43 bits to do something similar. It is going to take some cutting and splicing.................
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Digital Racing