[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Digital (and compatible) Chipping Database

Scalextric Digital (and compatible) Chipping Database

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Re: Scalextric Digital (and compatible) Chipping Database

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:38 pm

It will have to wait until I get home. I am out of town for the weekend and am using my IPad to write. I struggle to do anything wit this dang thing. Even writing this post is an effort.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:24 pm

No worries. Any time. :)
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:49 pm

I am home for a few days before I head out again to go to Chicago to visit my daughter. I have started the search for the outfit I bought the ferrite beads from. In the process, I came upon this great article from SFI describing how to build a ferrite man.
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.p ... opic=69733

A thread I found on the Scalextric forum lists the 103 as the capacitor to use. I am successfully using 104's as well.

Here is a double barrel ferrite bead from ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50pcs-Ferrite-C ... Swvg9XZrA5 they are 5mm x 2mm x 2.9mm.

I think these should work. Even if they are larger than the Scalextric bead, you are buying it to use on the motor end of the chip where more space is generally available. At the price of $1.50 for 50 pcs. and only $3.00 shipping from China, I think it is worth the gamble. In fact, I just ordered some.

It has been awhile since I researched these parts. I will have to regroup. I will poke around a little bit more to see where I got the other ones that I have.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:18 pm

Good deal on those. I bought a pack as well. Just need to pick up a bunch of 103 or 104 caps to go with them, and I'll have all the ferrite men I'll ever need. :)
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:04 pm

Being a long time analog racer, the first thing I did when I started tuning a car was to strip all of the electronic bits. All went into the trash of course many were 104's. But capacitors are cheap. All you have to look out for is to find the ones with long enough legs.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:15 pm

I bought the same ones, and they're about half the size of Scalextric ones in every dimension, almost. They are able to be installed on a capacitor, though. I'll have to find out if their diminutive size will have a detrimental effect on their intended purpose, but at that price, doubling them up shouldn't be a big deal, either.
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Digital Racing