Digital Racing

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Digital Racing

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:47 pm

The digital racing here in Cincy is growing. This part of the board is dead. Is this because there's nothing new to report or because very few on ths board run digital? I know I wasn't a fan until I actually opened my ears and tried it.....seriously tried it. It's a lot of fun. I run more digital stuff than analog anymore.

Thoughts??

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Digital Racing

Postby buspor63 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:36 am

We like digital in Knoxville! Our Hobby Town USA has hosted a series for kids/mag and adults/nomag for three years now. It has been a run what ya brung untill this fall. Now, it's a Carrera only stock motors/axles COT series. Cars race well with many liveries availiable plus hundreds more in the paint booth.

My brother in law is moving to the Cincy burbs around the first of the year, finally a reason to go see him ;-)
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cagee13 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm loving it here in SEMO. I finally got the fuel mode working with b.yingling's program and it turned out great. As a group we've only ran it once with everything working and everyone came to grips with it very quickly. Since setting up my digital track I still enjoy analog racing but it feels like it is missing something now.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pzooc » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Gotta admit it Bruce - the 1/24 digital racing we are doing in town is really, really fun. And every time you show up for one we get to see yet another custom build. I'm ready to start racing the Carrera 1/24 classic cars now.
pzooc

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:29 am

I'm with you Pat. We need to have a chat with Seb's boss and tell him to leave him hear for a couple months.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DynoDon » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post here and I would just like to say thanks for all the info and then get to the digital.

I played around with some slots way back when and have now developed a new slot car interest in my retirement.

Special thanks to Nick Zuk, Dave Waters and Terry Enos (who put me onto this site) and the guys at Lightning Speedway and others; who have answered many questions and been a great help.

Now for the digital. I decided that digital is the way to go for me. This has been a result of reading many posts here and on other forums and talking with the aforementioned people.

The decision has been difficult. So many choices/possibilities. It has at times, been down right confusing. Now, I am designing my track and will hopefully be building it and racing in the near future.

I have further decided that I will probably go with Carrera. My available space is 15' X 15'. I could stretch an extra foot on one side if needed. But was thinking of utilizing that for an additional drag strip as I can get about 22' length in that area. May be a bit short but we will see.

My limited exposure to wood tracks has been good and I like them, but I just think digital meets my needs better. I do wonder why some wood guys simply refuse to go to digital? Same nice people, same cars (with a little modification) IMO,as much or more fun.

So, here is the deal - when I get everything set-up, you can come to my house and digital a try. I am in Howell, MI.

Thanks to all,
Don
DynoDon

Return to Digital Racing