[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Christmas comes to the Possum,Carrera Wireless Digital143

Christmas comes to the Possum,Carrera Wireless Digital143

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Christmas comes to the Possum,Carrera Wireless Digital143

Postby ourwayband » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:20 pm

Well ol' Santa has come early to The Possum.We've been running Carrera Analog for some time now with 1/32.Borders in place ,so we can run non-mag along with mag races.I've had and enjoyed Carrera digital 132 but decided to go back to the old standby analog racing due to space and expense.I've also had Carrera digital 143.It was fun but the key factor missed was the ability to run ghost cars that changed lanes.
In doing some internet browsing we discovered that Carrera has come out with Wireless controllers for 1/43 scale similar to their big brothers in 1/32 and 1/24 .Along with the wireless control they also integrated a ghost car function..I've always been partial to this scale due to the amount of track one can place in a fairly small area.With the introduction of some of Carrera's newest models such as the DTM series,they have stepped up their game.The cars look great,are tuff racers and just run well out of the box.I was surprised that the grey looking car shown on the box was actually Chrome like it's bigger brother..

Yes they are mag racers.One can tune ,add weight,pull mags,change tires and even replace the pin guide with an up grade.I've done this,but here we were looking for an take it out of the box and race system.These cars run well as intended,on Carrera track with mags in place.Plus in digital when you have some pile ups you don't have a box full of parts as sometimes happens in larger scales.I fully understand some look at this scale as toys.Well they are,but are not all miniature cars toys?
We wanted the whole package so we stared with the DTM power race set,added the wireless controllers and lap counter /timer.
Being a lone racer most of the time this set up seems to be perfect.Easy to program two ghost cars and race till it's time to hit the hay..I like the price point and just enjoy the racing.On our 4x16 foot layout we have the best of both worlds.Run the big boys,no mag and then get you speed fix on racing with two Ghost drivers..
Big thanks goes out to Brian at BRS hobbies in taking the time to answer several questions and then shipping the goodies out in record time.
Sometimes we hear so many negative points of the hobby that I
thought we would share a positive and fun side..
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Christmas comes to the Possum,Carrera Wireless Digital14

Postby BRS Hobbies » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Rusty,

Awesome job on the post! I really like the track layout, it looks like it was made to fit inside the larger track.

I need to get going on building my Carrera DIGITAL 143 track. You inspired me!

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Thanks Brian,
got lucky on the infield area..
Get busy and build your self some fun.
Just happen to know a guy that has all of the stuff you may need... ;)
Thanks again
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:24 pm

Looks like fun, digital or not. Rusty, you are right. In our efforts to warn fellow slotters about not-so-good things or manufacturers that falsify, the good things seem to get brushed aside as less urgent. We have an amazing wealth of good guys in this incarnation of the jungles of slotcardom. So many of us remember the good guys of old, and how they disappeared. We should all do what you did and point out the good guys.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Heya that's a cool setup! Thanks for sharing it!
DK
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:59 pm

Now this is a cool report. Well done Rusty!

You are hired.

I think it's great seeing what this system is capable of. Doesn't matter if it's digital or not. For YOU it works.

The Ghost car option is a MAJOR appeal in this case as you stated. Racing lone wolf is still fun, but having a car or two "in the way" adds a lot to that fun.

Hey, it's like when we race. I'm just out there "ghosting" and getting in your way :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:02 pm

ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Good write up Rusty,like the GHOST CAR deal,I think I might havta look into this a lil deeper! :lol:
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dc6287 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:58 pm

Sold me on the ghost car! Was going to switch from compact to GO after Christmas, mostly for the bigger variety of pieces and support, but this new development... :text-thankyouyellow: 2016 will be great, with 3 local guys jumping into 1/43 and donating my compact track to NISRA, I hope it starts to grow around here.

Danny C.
dc6287
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Thanks for the great post Rusty.
I think an upgrade for my grandsons is in order.
Have fun man, oh yea you already are lol.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:18 am

Very cool!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to Digital Racing