[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Modern Trans Am

Modern Trans Am

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Re: Modern Trans Am

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:01 am

Looking good Mike. Those Ninco models are some nice ones. Not a fan of newer versions with the painted windows, but the ones with the tinted glass look fine. Always thought the NC11 was a great little motor. Now that you can get at decent price, pretty nice choices.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby hksk25 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:40 am

The Scalextric Camaro's are a big disappointment. They got the stance all wrong. Ninco got it right!!
hksk25
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:52 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:57 am

Hahaaa, its all this that makes this an awesome hobby.
Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:11 am

Yes it does :) Mike has a keen eye as he is correct on all points about the recent Scalextric models. That Camaro in particular really let me down.

In any case, did not mean to divert from the post.

I stopped buying the NINCO models after I had enough for 4 lanes. Time to revisit them.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:41 pm

I'll deal with the poor attitude in time. But first I have a digital track to finish. I did put the Scaley Camaro on the track today and it ran pretty typical for a sidewinder Scaley car which is pretty decent in my book. I was surprised at how mild the magnet is. I expected a lot more down force. Not that it matters since my primary aim is running no mag. Until I get the last piece of sectional track in, fill all of the gaps, de dust and repaint everything including the plastic part of roadway, I won't really know what to do to these cars. The track is simply way too slippery right now. I decided to order another XLC lane changer and do away with the last curved one. I will have three XLC's, one for each straight section, when I am done. I hope the new XLC will be here tomorrow. I have pretty well buttoned the rest of the track up.

The T/A-2 cars run Nascar style wheels. I hope to change these cars over. I have some spare Scaley Nascar axles for the Scaley cars in my Nascar parts box. I may raid my SCX Pro Nascars for the axles/ wheels for the Ninco cars. I think all cars, even the NIncos, will get slammed further.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Digital Racing