[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - Modern Trans Am

Modern Trans Am

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Modern Trans Am

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Modern Trans Am

Postby chappy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Looks like a grid of fun there Mike.
Of course the obligatory video in this thread will have to come
when the cars are chipped lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:56 pm

I agree with Chappy !!!!

Video or it never happened !!!! LOL !!!!
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Nice Line up Mike! they look strictly business with those dark windows

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:52 pm

Video????? You guys have a lot more faith in my technology skills than I. I just got an I phone 6 months ago. I have taken one video and posted it on Facebook but haven't ever tried to do it onto Photobucket for posting here. I'll send some pics of the chassis with chips in them as proof.
I've been to a wedding all day. Maybe I will get a chance to play with them tomorrow. I have my digital track all torn up putting in wire taps and controller extensions before I pin the track down and lay the borders down permanently. I'll have to try these cars out first on my old wood track which is where the pics were taken.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:54 am

Great cars for this Mike. I thought I saw a modern Challenger diecast somewhere that might be suitable. I'll see if I can find it.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:06 pm

Thanks David. I think a classic Challenger could probably be redressed to pass for a modern one with a little work to replace the classic bumpers with modern plastic ones and add a modern air dam and splitter up front. The 1:1 cars are similar to present Nascar in that the sheetmetal is built to resemble the street car enough to be identifiable but a lot of license is taken to make the cars more race applicable. The 2015 trans am Mustang is based on the current model Mustang which is different than the one modeled here. The Camaros and Challenger haven changed much for this model year so these cares represent well.

Then there is the fact that all three makes run in Trans Am 1 and Trans Am 2 and Trans Am 3. The cars get a little more stock looking the further down the tiers you go. These particular Ninco cars, I think, are actually modeled on GT3 so are not on Trans Am at all. But they are close enough for the purposes that I am using them for. If I were aiming for prototypical, I wouldn't have chosen black window cars. I probably should have bought the Scaley versions but these cars come with a mild type NC1 motor which I think should be barrel of laughs if you get an entire field of 4-6 running no mag on my SSD track.The motor is what attracted me to them.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:17 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:53 pm

Looking good Mike its all coming together.
I'm sure you can video alright if you can do the digital chipping stuff.
ps , whats an iphone lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:42 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:37 am

If your looking for a 3rd pair of cars, why not add a pair of corvettes? Ninco also makes them in nc1 resistant.
I have an analogue track and races the mustang and the corvette. This is serious fun and a bonus the cars are indestructable.
Have fun and enjoy.
Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:29 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:26 am

Here is my first video attempt. I used the same link in Photobucket that I use for stills. I hope it works.

Proof is in the pudding.

P.S. I had to do the "Direct" link.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:28 pm

You find that although the scaley motor has higher revs than the nc1, the nc1 will be faster around the track. The ninco nc1 cars for me is way more stable and controlable on plastic track.
None the less the scaley is on one of my favorite liveries.
Nice cars, run them hard and enjoy them.

Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Digital Racing