[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera race app or tablet problem

Carrera race app or tablet problem

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Carrera race app or tablet problem

Postby Czar » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:37 pm

I, like many others, am getting quite frustrated with Carrera's Race App. But, I know I am not as computer savvy as many of you, so before I throw in the towel, a couple of questions. As I stated in my last post in digital, when I go to use the Carrera Race App, while connecting to the control unit I am prompted that I need to update. This happens every time I try to use the App. But, when I "ok" the update, I am immediately kicked out of the app and back to my home page. If I am persistent, it will update after being kicked out 5 or 6 times. But, even then the speed control has no effect on any cars. And, when I shut everything off and then try to use it later (hours or days) I need to update again. Can someone tell me if this is a problem with the tablet or the app? BTW, I just bought the tablet about a month ago so I could use the Carrera Race App. There are no other apps or anything else on the tablet to interfere. Obviously, if it is the tablet I will return it and look forward to enjoying digital racing.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera race app or tablet problem

Postby proxieken » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:00 pm

Why not just use the PC interface? We have an old tv hanging from the wall and every driver has all the info easy to see. I am using the Bruce Yingling software with a customized points setting. We score for position, leading a lap, most laps lead, and fastest lap.

Each race day I start a new results file and then save it with the date at the end of the night. It keeps a record of everything in one simple place. Each car and driver can be added to the data base and the software will record fastest laps for each and number of laps run. You can also store custom power, braking and fuel settings for each car and assign a handicap to drivers in the event you get a new racer and you want to help them out.

If I understand it the app requires each driver to have their own screen to display fuel status and such. I am not too savvy with tablets and blue tooth and I know that it would be frustrating for each person to get the info to display.

The point of all this rambling is to suggest getting a cheap XP computer and TV. I am quite happy with the setup.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't own a PC, I use a Mac. Besides, Carrera says all you need is the app. I did go out and buy a tablet when I found out I could not download the app to my Macbook, which was my original intention.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:11 pm

Solved the problems. The tablet works just fine. Downloaded the Smartrace app, it works perfectly with the Control Unit. Shut the tablet down, let it sit for about two hours. When I powered up, the app was there, no need to update, my previous settings were there, also. I am sure Carrera is doing the best they can with development of their app, but this app solved my problems and is easily worth the $6.66 price of admission.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CVGshadow » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Smart race is another great option.

http://www.smartrace.de
CVGshadow

Postby dw5555 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:09 pm

So you needed an app to run an app? :think:
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!