Scalextric Car ID programmer

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Scalextric Car ID programmer

Postby niclasf » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Hi,

My name is Niclas and I want to present a new type of product that I have made for the Scalextric Sport Digital system.

I have been hanging around in the Slot Forum International for a while. There it seemed to be a need for a separate module where you could program the Car ID for the Scalextric digital slot cars.
The typical need would be to be able to program the cars for the upcoming race while a race is still ongoing. This in order to reduce the time between the races.

That is the background that made me start to work on the SSD Slot Car ID programmer.

The programmer is managed by just one button. It is used to first select the ID (1-6) and also to trigger the start of the programming.
It is also possible to connect a computer to the programmer over serial interface. The the programming is done just by sending the character 1 to 6.

Here is a video of one of the prototypes,
Watch on youtube.com

One difference between the prototype and the latest version is that there is never any power provided to the slot car. There seemed to be no need for that.

Here is some more information and links to manual etc.
http://foogadgets.tictail.com/product/ssd-slot-car-programmer

I hope you like it. Just ask if you have any questions or suggestions for improvement.
niclasf

Re: Scalextric Car ID programmer

Postby indidragracer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:01 am

New into digital racing, but this device is used at the track where i'm racing. Seems very handy, cars can be programed very easy. :clap:
Tomas aka "The Indian"
The sweetness of low E.T. is long forgotten before the bitterness of bad R.T.
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... %20raceway
indidragracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Digital Racing