[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextrics cars not resetting lane change

Scalextrics cars not resetting lane change

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Scalextrics cars not resetting lane change

Postby proxieken » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:14 am

I have been chipping some Scalextrics cars to use on the Carrera digital track. My track has a lot of twists and bends. When these cars run they often do not reset the lane changer after they switch. I recently chipped a Charger from Scaley and it would change lanes as requested, but then the flapper was stuck over every single time and the car switched lanes at that spot every lap afterwards.

It seems the cars need a longer guide flag so they can extend deeper in tot he slot and engage the reset.

Is there a direct replacement guide for this that is slightly longer, or should I attempt to add some extra tape or something to the bottom?
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scalextrics cars not resetting lane change

Postby b.yingling » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:18 am

There are replacement guides available- but a little slice off a dead credit card and some CA glue will get you there as well. Carrera's guides are long and deep (and cause problems on Scaley track) precisely because they need to reliably close those lane change gates.
b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby carlosinseattle » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:52 am

If the Scaley cars are light and running no mag this is an even bigger problem. I've heard of guys using some CA glue to "build up" the reset tab in the lane changer mechanism. I think they mixed baking powder in to make a paste then used a toothpick to apply a couple coats on the top of the tab, carefully.
carlosinseattle

Postby tracyridge » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:00 pm

Yes ..I had to build up the reset tap ,but only on the pitlane switch..... also i noticed the Fly cars have similar problems...
I tried the old Polish fix all DUCT tape!! ( i can use that term by the way,cause my name ends in "ski" :lol: }..
I just sliced a piece of tape to match the depth of the guide ,started at the one back corner of the guide ,and wrapped it around the front and back down to the other back corner...then trimmed any excess off.. so far its been working

john
tracyridge
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racer944 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Racer944

Postby proxieken » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:04 am

I used some clear lexan type plastic from a package. It is the clear window you look through to see the product. I folded it in half and glued it around the entire guide, holding it with a clamp until dry. It seems to work, I had to cut the bottom off to size it correctly. The clear part extends past the guide so it is glued to itself in the rear and bottom and glued to the guide on both sides. Plus the front that does the work is one piece it is just folded.

I tried finding a replacement guide to buy but never found one.

I think if you just glued an extension to the bottom it would be more prone to falling off.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby b.yingling » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:30 pm

b.yingling
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racer944 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Ok cool! I will give it a shot... and yeah your right there is not much plastic involved so it makes sense...

Cheers;
Eric
Racer944

Return to Digital Racing