[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Limited Edition Race @ Snyderville Speedway

The Limited Edition Race @ Snyderville Speedway

For Those Doing It Digital Style!

Re: The Limited Edition Race @ Snyderville Speedway

Postby Josh S » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:41 pm

After a long day of racing, the Limited Edition race is officially in the books. I want to thank everyone that participated in this race. It was a successful event with a lot of great racing. Now let's get on to the details of the event.

The goal was to start racing at 1pm, but we ran into issues with HSSRMS. After a lot of testing, we were unable to get it to work properly. So we ended up using SmartRace. The problem was that it put us behind trying get HSSRMS to work properly, and then on top of that one of the guys that was suppose to show up and race with us was a no show. We hung around for a bit to wait and see if we could get a fifth driver. It ended up being just four of us driving, Andrew (Drewbert34), Cas, Joey and myself. Long story short, we ended up starting the race around 2:30 (way too late :? )

Since there were only 9 cars signed up, we added in three cars of our own that were built according to the rules so that the number of cars was divisible by the number of drivers. They were essentially ghost cars and of course not eligible for the prize. This was done so that four races wouldn't have to be just one car, as that would not have been fair to the other cars and no fun for us.

Here is the format that we ended up using.

12 Cars / 4 Drivers
- The 12 cars were randomly split into groups of 4
- Each group of cars then had 4 heats
- Each car would be driven by each driver once
- Each car would start from each starting grid position (1-4)
- After the 12 heats, the top 8 cars with the most laps advanced to the next round
- The process was then repeated for the remaining 8 cars
- After the next 8 heats, the top 4 cars with the most laps advanced to the final round
- The final round with 4 cars was then repeated with each driver driving each car once and the cars rotating grid positions
- All the heat races were 30 laps with no fuel simulation or pit stops

Results

After the round of 12, these 8 advanced

Lois
Charley
Dylan (DC)
Steven R
Buspor63
Czar
Sandy Kerr
SlotCarSpaceSolutions sponsor car

After the round of 8, these 4 advanced

Czar
Charley
Steven R
Sandy Kerr

The final 4 was absolutely a dog fight. It was such a close finish! 1st and 2nd both finished on the same lap, and then 3rd and 4th also finished on the same lap. The tiebreaker throughout the proxy was where the cars were on the track at the end of the race, as the we had the power cut as soon as the leader finished the race with 30 laps. 3rd and 4th were separated by about half a lap, and 1st and 2nd were only separated by about 10 ft. I proudly present the top 4 finishers,

1. Czar
2. Sandy Kerr
3. Steven R
4. Charley

A huge congrats to Czar for taking home the victory of the first proxy race here at Snyderville Speedway and taking home the prize! :auto-checkeredflag:

Here is a picture of where the cars were when the final heat ended,

You can see how close 1st (orange car) and 2nd (grey car) were.

Here is a shot of your winner in victory lane,

Here are the podium finishers,

And a few pre-race shots,

What a day of racing it was. As I mentioned earlier, we didn't get started racing until 2:30, and we didn't finish until 10:30 last night. It was a lot of work, and at the end of the day everyone was exhausted. However, we got it done and had a great time in the process.

As for the video, I will be editing and posting the videos from the final 4 heats that decided the top 4.

Again, I want to thank everyone that participated in this race. It was a great time, and I look forward to doing it again in the future. I will be getting return shipping prices for everyone in the next couple days. I will also update the OP with this info.
Last edited by Josh S on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:04 am

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! My first proxy win! In all the other proxies I have entered I have been a consistent mid-pack finisher. But I had a feeing this M-B would be a good runner. I have two other DTM cars (both BMW's) and the Mercedes wasn't faster than the others, but it handled noticeably better than the Bimmers on the track. Thanks for hosting this race Josh. As I already have a Mercedes and two BMW's, the Audi is going to fit right in. Thanks also to the drivers, in my biased opinion they did an excellent job. I am looking forward to any comments you (plural) might care to share about comparing and driving the cars. What fine news to start the day.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Josh and drivers,
Thank you for this event. I had fun setting up cars for this run.
Sounds just like the 1st couple of races with the WDP proxy with the software trouble, but it will be cleared up for next time.
Hope you and drivers had fun. Looks like a fun track.
I also would like to see any driver comments or impressions on the cars. Sound like my Samsung M4 did'not do too good.
Lance
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:10 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Josh, we all know it is a very busy time of the year so don't stress yourself. It will be good whenever you have the time to post. Have a very nice Thanksgiving.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Drewbert34 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:59 am

Honestly, after racing for 10 hours, some of the cars are hard for me to recall specifics.

I would say we had 3 groups of cars:

I recall several cars handled well, yet were very flat in motor performance. The racing was very good when these cars were grouped together. When against cars with better performance, I recall having to push the cars harder than what resulted in consistency.

Other cars lacked tire prep, specifically rear tires. I recall 3 cars were so bad, we had to scuff them on some sandpaper so that they would be somewhat competitive. Some of this was dependant on track temperature.

The last set of cars seemed to have good to excellent handling due to tire prep and motors that ran as if broken in / above average performance.

As we made our way through the field, the racing improved (less deslots / more driver battles).

Overall, most Mecedes DTM seemed to get better traction out of a turn, but more challenging driving into a turn. I speculated this was due to them being heavier in the rear, by design. I would roll the car (Turtle Turtle! Lol) vs. deslot as the weight helped the tire bite.

Most BMW's seemed to be able to go into a turn harder than the Mercedes, due to being lighter in the rear end, but I had to be lighter on throttle coming out of a turn, else they were tail happy. I would slide the rear out vs. roll the car, which would then deslot the front.

I feel that the Audi DTM suited me the best on Josh's track. The same is true on my personal track...but there was no "always".

From there, each car either suited my driving style, or not. I was the most inexperienced with Josh's track being as I had never raced it before. As the racing went on, I was considerably quicker, overall; however, trying to squeeze every bit of performance out of some cars resulted in mistakes, at times.
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Josh,
What is your track covered with?. It looks like carrera track that has been painted, but I see the splits on the track pieces.
Lance
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:22 pm

HaHaHa, car prep. I almost shipped my car without the front magnet and I just now realized I haven't touched the tires in over a year.......
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Thanks for the detailed report, Andrew. I couldn't have stated it any better myself.

Lance, my track was painted with Behr premium ultra plus, paint and primer in one.
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:39 am

I also want to give a big shout out to SlotCarSpaceSolutions. They entered a car in the event and have given me a discount code to send out to all the participants. So, a big thanks to them. I will be sending the code out to everyone soon. Make sure to check them out. Thanks, Sean and SCSS!
Last edited by Josh S on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Drewbert34 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:59 am

Very cool! I was just speaking to the about some nice track jumpers they offer.
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:37 pm

Last edited by Josh S on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Drewbert34 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Wow...we (or I) were awful! Lol.

I recall after using your super glue on my controller trigger, I had no brakes and was having to try and drift into turns...obviously, very unsuccessfully I might add.

Still yet, the videos are cool!
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:50 am

Thanks for doing the editing and posting these videos, Josh. Based on the races at my track, a call button makes a lot of difference.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Racing